cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice for free delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to know, Is it required to post the invoice for free of charge delivery ?

In present scenario I copied standard doc FD of free Delivery in this invoice is not proposed by SAP for this document type.

But I am not sure whether we should post the invoice of zero amount or not?

And if we post the invoice for free delivery what will be the advantage for us for the information purpose?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Sanju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

normally, free items (delivery free-of-charge) are configured as not relevant for billing; the settings are at item category level (VOV7). to record the cost-of goods (free items), billing is not necessary as this is already recorded when you post goods issue, with a material document created as a result.

there are settings for free goods to appear in the invoice, with the billing relevance set (e.g. default settings for TANN); the settings are intended to be accompanied with other items so that the billing document will have a value greater than "0".

if you really have to, you could still try to invoice a free item... i do believe you would need enhancements, and you have to make sure that you could create and save an invoice with "0" amount, as the net value greater than zero is an incompletion concern. in default, even if you could create invoices with zero amounts these do not have FI postings; and you may encounter a situation where invoice numbers are "eaten up" without the documents showing up in table VBRK.

regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it required to post the invoice for free of charge delivery ?

Its all depends on client's requirement. If they want to track through a special G/L Account all free of cost sales, then you can post the value. On the other hand, once you do PGI, you can create delivery related proforma (F8) so that only the inventory will get posted. Various methods were discussed in this forum and if you search, you will get lot of inputs.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi