Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal Quantities WM and IM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have the following situation (i'm kinda new to WM):

In our warehouse, storage unit types container and barrel are used. At goods receipt, the number of kilograms of material is divided amongst containers and barrels.

With MIGO_TR a quantity of material from a batch is moved from a storage location with WM (A) to a regular storage location (B), which is used as production supply area. This is done by performing a normal 311 movement.

I'll illustrate my problem with an example. The requested quantity of material from a batch in MIGO_TR, to move from A to B is 500 KG. The total quantity available in the warehouse attached to storage location A is 600 KG. This 600 KG is split up in 3 barrels, one with 250 KG, one with 200 KG and one with 150 KG.

All those barrels will have to be moved to storage location B to fulfill the requirement, and after it has become clear that 3 barrels are relevant, the whole quantity of 600 KG must be processed in WM and IM.

How can this be achieved?

I tried using full stock removal for quant, which does get all the barrels from the warehouse. However, this leads to 100 KG hanging in an interim storage type and only 500 KG being transferred (visible in MMBE).

Round off seems difficult, because any quantity can reside in a barrel.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, thank you for your reply.

I'd like to go with option 1 if its possible, but i really need the total of 600 KG to be included in the TO for movement. So if i process a 311 again for the 100 KG, the system can't find them because the 100 KG is located in the interim storage type for transfers.

We use a Web Dynpro application to process the 311 movements with BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE. Can we program the app to do the following steps, supported by certain customizing settings?

I don't know if it makes any sense, but (how) could this work?:

- Get the initial 500 KG required to move from A to B, with the creation of a TR/TO for the 600 KG.

(this now works using full quant removal to include all the 3 barrels with a total of 600 KG in the TO)

- Let the system compare the IM quantity requested with the WM quantity in the TO.

- Then process the extra 100 KG that were already included for WM with a 311 in IM also, but not creating a TR/TO

(with special movement indicator maybe, shutting off TR creation?)

- Remove the 100 KG that were left in the interim storage type 921 after the first TO.

(perhaps with something like program RLLI2100?)

Thanks!

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My opinion:

If you use MB1B / MIGO + 311 to post the goods from one storage location to another the IM posting is the first and after that comes WM picking (internal movement in your WH).

In this case system has no chance to override the quantity that was posted in IM because it is already "historical" data.

In this case I think you have to use manual adjustment (to transfer the leftover quantity via an additioanl 311 movement).

If you use STO with delivery you have a chance to solve the problem because you can set in SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > Shipping > Define Shipping Control (here choose "Define Shipping Control at Movement Type Level" and carry out your setting in V_T3333-WMMUE) that the picked quantity should be copied as delivery quantity.

So, in this case picking comes first (WM movement) and after that IM movement.

The second process solves your original problem but is more difficult than the first one (you have to create STO and delivery).

(If you use HUM you can directly refer to the HU and it solves your problem)

Regads,

Csaba