cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Form Interface and Global definitions in Smartforms.

former_member204025
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I'm learning about Smartforms.

I would like to know which is the difference between Form Interface from the Global Settings and Global Definitions from Global settings as well, because in both of them I have to declare tables, structures, variables, etc. Could you please explain to me when should I use them?

Thanks!

Gaby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two ways to use Smart Form:

1. by using Application Program

2. By coding in Smart form itself.

Now, if the 1st method is used then same interface can be used for multiple requirements. For eg two different programs Z1 and Z2, may use same interface. Hence a lot of efforts are reduced.

On the other side in 2nd method, multiple forms have to be created to fulfill different requirements.

Now, Global Definiton is something that is irrespective of which Program is being used, the form nodes can use the Global definition in all cases.

Also all tables etc must be declared in the Global setting.

Regards,

Sana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey hi ,

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/Exercises/SolutionEx1/Page1.htm

This is a link where sap technical has given one smart form but m getting error in form interface as per below .

Form interface

Y_tY_vbrk is unknown and m not able to understand how to resolve this error.

Please help me to get out of this.

Thanks and regards ,

Prasad Naralkar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaby,

Global settings of Smartform includes:

1. Global definition

2. Form Interface

3. Form Attributes.

So this clear the two differences you asked about, that both are part of Global setting.

Just to add to your info,

Form Interface: It is used to pass data to the Form (Revert back if more info required).

Global Definition: This is applicable for the entire form. Any data defined here can be used in any node of the form.The Global data can be initialize before the first page.

Regards,

Sana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Main Diffrence between Form Interface and Global Definition is

Form Interface is the interface between your driver program and Smartform. You are passing the necesssary value of tables or fields from your Driver program to Smartform in runtime.

Global Definition is used the variables which can be used in Smartform only. Where you do processing and using the output.

Simple example is Global and Local Varialbles which can be used in a simple report.

Hope, it clear your doubts. For more clarification ,please reply other appreciate for the same.

Regards

Sachin

former_member204025
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your explanation.

Question: What you mean is : in the form interface I have to write the fields or tables or struc that I used in the driver program? and in Global definitions i have to write the fields, tables or structs that I use only in the Smartform?.

Another question:

If I do not use a driver program I have to use global definitions and forms and routines, right? But If I use a driver program, should I have to use global definitions? Or only using the driver program and Form Interface is enough?

Thanks!

Gaby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey hi ,

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/Exercises/SolutionEx1/Page1.htm

This is a link where sap technical has given one smart form but m getting error in form interface as per below .

Form interface

Y_tY_vbrk is unknown and m not able to understand how to resolve this error.

Please help me to get out of this.

Thanks and regards ,

Prasad Naralkar