cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify the SAP Product Under Unix Env

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

There are few hosts in our server enviroment which have SAP running on them.

We have a fingerprinting engine which runs through these hosts and collects useful data such as version string ,patch level etc.All these hosts are under unix env.

Our problem is we are not able to identify what product it is by just looking at version string.

We do not know if there is any way we can find out about that Product ,under unix env.

We want to know if there is any command or script that can be run and find out what product it is.

Regards

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We want to know if there is any command or script that can be run and find out what product it is.

There is no easy way of doing this since there are some hundred different combinations of ABAP addons being installed. Even Solution Manager and the System Landscape Directory is not able to assign a certain product uniquely.

Markus

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone who responded !! excellent forum !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent !!

Before i close this thread,i would request for the o/p of 'saplicense -show' command from someone who has everything running.

Appreciating the effort !!

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think running process would help though i am not sure about it.

I was really hoping that installation should help me but i guess thats not the case [ As suggested from this forum].

Is anyone aware of 'saplicense -show' command ?

Would this command help me?

and yes,anyone who uses any product should know it byhand but in my case i am not the end user .I am a third party survilling all the products existing in my enviroment.Thats what my engine does.

Regards

Abhi

Edited by: AK835C on Nov 12, 2009 11:42 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is anyone aware of 'saplicense -show' command ?

> Would this command help me?

No.

> and yes,anyone who uses any product should know it byhand but in my case i am not the end user .I am a third party survilling all the products existing in my enviroment.Thats what my engine does.

I can just repeat myself.

Even if you had all component information (ABAP and/or Java) it's not possible to distinguish from that for what purpose the system is used.

It's the same as having 100 PCs, all equipped with Word, Excel and SAPGUI. No matter what you do you can't tell whether the system is a secretary working place, a PC in the factory or a PC in the financial department.

Markus

kishore_kumar59
Participant
0 Kudos

HI..

Hope we can get some information by looking into the services file and and password fine,

like what are all the suers created

and also can be known by checking the process which are running on the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this mean there is absouletly no way of identifying the product from the command line?

Regards

Abhi

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah, that's about it, but you can identify the kernel version which only gives you clues on what is installed, but that's it:

disp+work -V | head -25

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Does this mean there is absouletly no way of identifying the product from the command line?

There is no UNIQUE way.

As already stated you can execute an sql script to get data from table UVERS but this is not unique. All Netweaver systems contain e. g. SAP_BW but you main BW system may be a different one than your ERP system. On top, on Java systems this doesn't work since there is no table UVERS and the "usage type" is defined by the components installed on the filesystem (and the database).

Even if you'd get all that data you can't say uniquely what systems purpose is what but on the other side: Usually you should know what system/software is running on what server without having to query

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay.

Is there any static file from the installation ,which can be read?

Usually there are some readme or kinda files which have product info.

Regards

Abhi

Edited by: AK835C on Oct 27, 2009 2:03 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there any static file from the installation ,which can be read?

No. A SAP systems stores EVERYTHING in the database. A CRM, ERP, BI, SRM - they all look the same if you just look on the files on the operating system. You would have to look into database tables and even then it's impossible to uniquely identify the system.

Example: An ERP system has the components SAP_APPL and SAP_BW in it. The BW part can be used but usually it's a separate system. So if you have a component list you still don't know what is actually used in the system.

> Usually there are some readme or kinda files which have product info.

No. On top, those components can change (e. g. if you install an Enhancment pack).

markus