cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has to be defined the SLD? PI/XI or Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a PI production system, already configured and working. Now we are implementing the solution manager system. In both cases we only have productive systems. In which one should we define the SLD?

Thanks and kind regards,

Ana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Generally I would not recommend to have a Solution Manager Central SLD also used for Productive PI operations

although this is possible to do

We have seen situations whereby issues on the Solution Manager J2EE could affect PI operations generally the Solution Manager J2EE will be used for different purposes and may require different system administration. The dual purpose may also

have performance or sizing implications - technically any sizing done would have been for separate purposes.

The SLD for PI is needed for productive runtime (although there is a XI cache - even so I have seen situations whereby

this cache has limitations)

Customers often opt for the following

Central SLD running on the Solution Manager J2EE stack

Local PI SLD running on a PI J2EE stack

This is because the SLD service is available on any J2EE installation

You can then sync the local PI SLD to the Central SLD in order to build a full system list of all systems in the landscape

see the SLD planning guide at for details

Best wishes

Stuart

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd use the SLD of the highest version - which is the PI 7.1 - and configure the SolMan SLD to use that one instead of setting up a second SLD.

Markus