cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help on complex scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have this scenario to implement , but I need some suggestions.

An XML invoice file has to be converted to HTML file, and then the new filename with its location has to be sent to a web service where the web service will pick it up and convert to to an image file and send the answer back to XI with success or failure message.

I think the best aproach wil be BPM solution , but does any one suggest the right steps to implement.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are multiple transactions in this requirement -

1. XML to HTML file and Sending the file name and location to a web service.

2. Web service sending the success or failure back.

For 1 - How do you plan to generate the HTML file? Is it going to be a hard coded mapping? Then is there any logic for generating the file name and the path or is it constant always? Once you decide on this, you can use a simple BPM (follow the SPLIT pattern from SAP BASIS 7.0/7.1 SWC).

For 2 - It is a simple asyn soap to whatever is on the other side - I guess its SAP (RFC/Proxy).

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

Thank you for your replay

There is a mapping program to map XML to HTML , so there is no problem her.

my problem is to retrieve the file name or/and location to give to the web service to manipulate it and give the answer back.

all this has to happend in one scenario.

best regards.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XMLFile --> XI --> Conversion into HTML --> Post it into some folder with some name --> WS picks this HTMLFile --> Convert to Image --> Contact XI with success/ error messsage.

The File location will be a constant (I assume) so you can hard-code it.

The FileName can be extracted using Dynamic Configuration...so when you make a call to WS send the corresponding name and location.....my assumption looking at your problem...feel free to correct it

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

you absolutely right about your assumption

is it possible to implement it in BPM ?.

Thanks