cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database sql update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we had upgraded our ERP system to NW 7.01 running on 32 bit windows server and sql 2000.

During the update we faced many problem as 7.01 netweaver systems does not fully compatible with sql 2000.

so we decided to upgrade the database to sql 2005.

i had a look into PAM which says on 32 bit operating system it is possible to upgrade or install sql 2005.

so the question is whether anybody here had upgraded the database to sql server 2005 (64 bit) on the 32 bit machine.

regards,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

that's not possible. You cannot run a 64 bit SQL Server 2005 on 32 bit hardware. The other way around it is possible - running a 32 bit SQL Server on 64 bit hardware (using WOW on x64).

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i had actually expected this answer.

in sap market place can we get sql server 2005 which is compatible to install in the win 32 bit hardware systems.

i could find only version which is compatible to 64 bit hardware and at present we are not planning to migrate our system.

Regards,

Vijay.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i could find only version which is compatible to 64 bit hardware and at present we are not planning to migrate our system.

The SQL Server DVDs you get from SAP have three versions on it (SQL Server 2005):

- 32bit x86

- 64bit x86_64

- 64bit IA64

There are no separate DVDs for 32 or 64bit.

The DVD number is 51036539 (6 parts).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI markus,

you are right

regards,

Vijay.

Answers (0)