Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming MII WebService in Java WebDynpro

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing a strange situation...

We define a transaction in MII to be consumed as WebService in Java WebDynpro. This transaction is a simple query on a DB returning 4 fields :

Shift code : SHIFT

Shift description : DESCRIPTION

Start time : START_TIME

End time : END_TIME

It works fine, we use the import adaptative web service wizzard in netweaver developper studio to use this WS...

But if we to an update on the webservice, changing a field name for example (SHIFT -> SHIFTCODE), we start to have trouble...

We got then the very helpful error message :

Exception on execution of web service with WSDL URL '<sever>/WebServices/GetShift' with operation 'Xacute' in interface 'XacuteWSSoap'

If I display the model info using wdContext.currentRequest_XacuteElement().modelObject().associatedModelClassInfo().getModelInfo().toString()

I got the following (extract) :

<ModelClassPropertyInfo name="SHIFT" dataType="com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.types.string(java.lang.String)" readOnly="false" qName="SHIFT" required="true" backendType="null"/>

As you can see, the model definition is NOT updated and we still have SHIFT as name instead of SHIFTCODE...

If someboby has an idea, it will save us our life ;o)

Thank you

PS:it the same behaviour if we add a field...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver -

Did you try to reimport the WS model ..? If yes and still doesn't work...Try to delete the old proxy in webdynpro ( adoptive ws) and import again.

To avoid code changes,you can give same old name while fresh import.

Adoptive WS in webdynpro is not really like Adoptive RFC .It has some limitations.

Thanks

Hari

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Yes, I already re-import model... It doesn't help.

Concerning the proxy, first of all I don't have access as developper to the NWA.

But anyway, as we are in test environment for the moment, we don't specify any proxy logical name when importing the model in Webdynpro, so it's not for sure linked to this proxy...

Regards

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver -

When i say proxy, I meant model. ( model is nothing but stucture and Proxy classes in webdynpro java for webserice/rfc).

So,delete the old model, import the WS by giving New name ,new package..etc. and try to execute create with new method..etc.

Thanks

Hari

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Ok, in fact it's exactly what we did to re-import the service, we don't have other choice that to delete-recreate the model...

So sorry, doesn't help.

Regards

Answers (0)