cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve MDM Tuple Lookup field values using MDM Java API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How to retrieve MDM Tuple Lookup field values. Here the tuple related look up flat is not existed in the Main Table as lookup field. I am able to get the values for the Tuple lookup fields , that are existed in the Maintable.

Supplier(Main Table)>Company(Tuple)->Region(Look up flat in tuple). Here if Region field is existed in the Supplier as lookup field i am able to get the values.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have gone through all the above pdfs. There coding is there for retrieving records from Lookup Table but not for Lookup Records inside Tuples.

FieldId fiCountries = //array of fieldIds for all fields of country table;

TableId tiCountry = schema.getTableId( "Countries" );

ResultDefinition rdCountry = new ResultDefinition( tiCountry ) ;

In the above code, Countries is Lookup table in main table. so here we are trying to get table id. But for tuples, It is giving

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Table with Code 'Company' does not exist in the repository 'SUPPLIERS' or is one of the system table (e.g. Workflows) that is not exposed in repository schema.

In my tuple, There are four lookup fields.

Thanks.

Edited by: sree pedasingh on Nov 2, 2009 12:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

The way to retrieve the lookup fields within a tuple is same as other fields inside the tuple. The only difference being other fields return the value direclty when you try to access the field inside tuple. Where as if it is a lookup field then it will retun you the record Id of the value. From this record Id you need to iterate over the lookup table itself to find out what is the actual value.

For you exception it looks like you are trying to access a field with table code "Company". But this seems to be not part of your repository. Check whether the code name which you have mentioned is correct or not.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Edited by: Ponraj M on Nov 3, 2009 5:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Wanted to check how you resolved this issue, even I am facing this issue and not getting any help. Quick response from you is highly appreciated

Best regards,

Prasad