cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQ-XI-BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

i am able to load data into BW as soon as an XML file is posted in MQSeries.My source XML File includes the Message Type details and the namespace details along with the attributes.Now i need to connect my MQSeries with some OLTP System(for instance Oracle).How can i expect my end users to send input file in such a format maintained in the message mapping(with Message Type name and namespace name)? Is there any way to convert the incoming input file with respect to the defined template before posting it in MQSeries?

Regards

Sathya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya Priya-

I am also trying to send a XML from XI to BW, I am trying to send a vendor master xml to BW, and the BW guys will do the reporting, So inorder to send the vendor master XML to Bw what should i do, i have my interface in XI repo, what should i do in BW now?Can you please explain.I mean as a XI developer until what point am i responsible? sorry to ask this question,but i am new to SAP.

Thank you

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Give me ur mail id. I will send it across.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya-

my email id is faqsap@yahoo.com, Thanks for your help.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya Priya-

Did you send the email to me? i did not get it,can you please re-send it. My email id is faqsap@yahoo.com

Thank you

Venkat

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Is there any way to convert the incoming input file with respect to the defined template before posting it in MQSeries?

yes you can do it in the message mapping

you can change the structure of the message over there

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. The input file that i am posting in MQSeries is something like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns:MT_Input_File xmlns:ns="http://xitest">

<datasource>6AIS_XMLDATA</datasource>

<data>

<item>

<calday>20020201</calday>

<material>835</material>

<amount>900</amount>

<currency>DM</currency>

</item>

</data>

</ns:MT_Input_File>

Now instead of posting the file directly into MQSeries, i have to get it from Oracle Server whenever a new record has been created.I have 4 fields created in Oracle(calday, material,amount,currency). I need to insert record into MQ whenerver this table has been inserted with new records. Now how do i convert this record into an xml file with the datasource and namespace defined as per the above file and post it in MQ.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Sathya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as far as I understand this is just a mapping

you can have any message structure from oracle

and you'll be able to map it to the mq message type

so I don't understand the issue

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Let me explain it once again. In my mapping, Both source structure and target structure are same. It was working well when i post an xml file into MQSeries.

This is my source file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns:MT_Input_File xmlns:ns="http://xitest">

<datasource>6AIS_XMLDATA</datasource>

<data>

<item>

<calday>20010101</calday>

<material>4711</material>

<amount>100</amount>

<currency>dm</currency>

</item>

</data>

</ns:MT_Input_File>

Here i am sending the datasource name.

But when i get an xml file from Oracle, it should be of above format otherwise where will i specify my datasource name.It cant come along with Oracle record. There must be intermediate conversion which fits the data in above format and load it into MQ.let me know if i am wrong.

Regards

Sathya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>

But when i get an xml file from Oracle, it should be of above format otherwise where will i specify my datasource name

it does not have to - like I said it can have ANY format

later on inside the XI you'll just do a mapping

which will change the ORACLE format and change it

to the MQ format

Regards,

michal

-