cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is web dynpro web.xml to define error page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please could you help me to find web dynpro application web.xml file to define the error page?

Addinng of error pages in web.xml below doesn't have effect.

0:/usr/sap/EP0/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/tcwddispwda/servlet_jsp/webdynpro/welcome/root/WEB-INF/

0:/usr/sap/EP0/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/

In the "Note 795699 - Customizing default error messages for HTTP" there is no exact path to the mentioned web.xml.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I havent tried it yet but in your local project there is a web.xml under

\workspace.jdi\LocalDevelopment\Vendorname\Namespace\ApplicationName\_comp\WEB-INF

however its empty by default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Thanks, but there is no folder WEB-INF and web.xml file in the local project. I added it and deployed my project. Nothing changed, I still see the stack trace.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

If you look at the page 25 of the following article:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c8a3d0ee-0901-0010-1ca4-8d11be93fd47&override...

It says that You must configure the cluster environment after modifying the file, web.xml. Doing so updates the cluster about any changes to the portal.

Configure the cluster for the portal using Single File Update in the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator tool. More than one file in the cluster is simultaneously updated using Single File Update.

To update the cluster about the modified web.xml file:

1. Open the Visual Administrator, on the machine with the Central Instance for the J2EE Engine.

u2022 Select the go (go.bat on Windows) file in the portal installation path: u2026/usr/sap/<system id>/jc<number>/j2ee/admin/

2. From the administration console, select Services u2192Deploy

3. Select Single File Update in the right side of the console, and specify the following:

Application = sap.com/irj

Module = epbc.war

File name = <Select the file you want to upload to the database for the J2EE Engine>

Mapping = WEB-INF/deployment/< file name>

Container = servlet_jsp

For example, if the file to be updated is web.xml, then the mapping is WEB-INF/web.xml. If for instance, the file is com.sap.portal.usermanagement.par,

- 23 -

then the mapping is WEB-INF/deployment/com.sap.portal.usermanagement.par

4. Select Add, and then OK.

From the messages at the bottom of the window, verify the details for the file to upload.

5. Restart the J2EE Engine.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Thanks for your help.

I performed mentioned steps for projects bellow. I updated web.xml and added errorPage.jsp.

0:/usr/sap/EP0/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/tcwddispwda/servlet_jsp/webdynpro/welcome/root/WEB-INF/

0:/usr/sap/EP0/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/tcwddispwda/servlet_jsp/webdynpro/dispatcher/root/WEB-INF/

0:/usr/sap/EP0/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/

But I always see the stack trace instead of my errorPage.jsp.