Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 and Netweaver Portal in same system

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you explain to me how to install ECC 6.0 and Netweaver 7.0 Portal in the same SAP system having the same SID?

As per my understanding, Netweaver 7.0 and ECC 6.0 will have different export CDs.

Also, the SAP Installation Master CD, when you run "sapinst" you will either get SAP ERP or SAP Netweaver.

Could you please help me understand how in one system you can have ERPHRNetweaver 7.0?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

As I understand your requirement is to install Dual stack system.

You can install an ERP Dual stack system that will contain netweaver component and also contains portal.

Check https://service.sap.com/erp-inst

Thanks

Sunny

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunny,

So does this mean I can combine all Netweaver 7.0 components like XI, BI, EP with ECC 6.0 dual stack?

If we take an example of BI 7.0 with ECC 6.0, in that case BI ABAP part and ECC 6.0 ABAP aprt would be in teh smae system.

Is that possible?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

This is not possible.

XI is a separate instance based on Netweaver.

EP means Enterprise portal. Now it depends upon you for what function you want to use portal.

Check SAP Note 856284 - SAP ERP Central Component 6.0: Inst./upgrad and architecture

Thanks

Sunny

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Check SAP Note 856284 - SAP ERP Central Component 6.0: Inst./upgrad and architecture

I checked the Note, but it doesn't mention anything about EP installation with ECC 6.0.

The note only mentiones the ABAP componenets of ECC

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me exactly what is your requirement ?

Thanks

Sunny

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just curious because as per my understanding ECC 6.0 and Netweaver 7.0 are separate and they need to be installed on separate systems.

But apparently my basics were wrong, so I am just trying to understand which componenets of Netweaver 7.0 you can combine with ECC 6.0.

Could you please answer - which componenets of Netweaver 7.0 you can combine with ECC 6.0?

Can I install Netweaver BI with ECC 6.0?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ideally you should never have ECC implementation system and the portal system on single box / system.

Especially if the portal is going to be used for employee collaboration like ESS / MSS. If the reason is different like developing webdynpro applications, then it is OK. This is just a scenario that i have explained.

HR can be combined with the ECC system.

regards,

Pankaj.