cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iView type for Web Dynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

What iView type I should use to integrate my Web Dynpro Java app to the portal? When I'm creating iView I see several iView types and the best option seems to be SAP Web Dynpro Java iView (Remotely deployed application) but my application is deployed on my local server and when I continue with the wizard it stops me on the step where I should select remote server cause there isn't one. Could you help me? What should I do?

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Musaka,

Use URL iView from the template iViews and enter the URL same as what you get in the address bar of the browser when the application is launched from NWDS itself.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha,

Infosys,

Hyderabad

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I found out using URL iView for WD apps is a bad practice. The correct way is to find your deployed application in the Web Dynpro Applications folder of PCD, right click it and select Copy. Than you go to your folder in Portal Content, right click it and select Paste as PCD Object. This procedure creates WD iView which should be used for WD apps. It has the necessary properties set to the correct values in order to pass URL parameters from the iView to the WD app.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats a really good way of doing it, but i wonder why SAP has removed the option of creating WD iView for the same as was earlier.

Regards,

Tushar Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess it wasn't to cause confusion but in my case that's exactly what happened Probably they think it's more intuitive this way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and did as you suggested. But does this mean that I cannot build the portal content as I desire. I am wondering if I can create Pages and and add the iviews as I desire?

NarendraChandel
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Copy your deployed applications URL and create a URL IView by using that URL.

direct creating a iview from web dynpro application is not supported in EP 7.2 i suppose.

regards

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There should be an option Webdynpro for Java iView. Are you trying in CE7.1 or EP 7?

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatraman,

It's EP 7.2