cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-ve as on stock figures in stock reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would need some help regarding Inventory management subject in BW. I had followed the pocedure given in " How to ..manage inventory in BW" for reconstruction of stock cube. I am getting -ve stock values as on date in some of the cases.

I found that some of the documents are missing in BW. These were posted when we had done 2LIS_03_BF Delta initialisation (with data transfer) in BW. What should have been the correct way to avoid this

Please help.

With regards,

Wrushali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on BW 3.5 only. The key figure in which i am getting -ve stock values i.e as on stock on date is 0VALSTKQTY.

Could any body tell me that do i have to do BF delta init immidiately after BX init run is over in R/3 and user are released in R/3. So that the transactions happening later on would get idetified as delta and could be pulled in BW later using BF delta.

With regards,

Wrushali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I am getting -ve value of stock in key figure 0VALLSTK_QTY (valuated stock quantity) when we input some date to see as on that date stock quantities in the report

But I have not understood what u r saying. Do you mean that I should have done init of BF delta (without data transfer) immediately after BX loading was done in BW(i. e before releasing the source system to user for transaction and anybody posting any docs)

I have followed following steps:

1. BX loading to cube

2. Historical data loading using BF full updates

3. Init of BF delta with data transfer

4. Then subsequent deltas fo BF.

Then order of loading data in BW should have been as follows

1. BX loading to cube(taken downtime of R/3)

2. Init BF without data transfer

3. Historical data loading using BF full updates

4. Then pulling delta BF

Please tell me m I understanding it right?

With Best Regards,

Wrushali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the sequence with which we have loaded data in our Inventory Cube.

But we have not loaded 2LIS_03_BX. And thats also fine. But the rest sequence is fine, I would always suggest as far as possible, INIT w/o Data Transfer.

I am into BW 3.50 Version and I do not see this particular Field in the KF - 0VALLSTK_QTY (Valuated stock quantity)

Regarding the -ve values as mentioned it is an account of the movements done, which leads to a +ve and -ve values in the InfoCube Content.

I have the KF

Quantity of valuated stock VALSTCKQTY 0VALSTCKQTY

I have the following fields

0ISSTOTSTCK, 0ISSVALSTCK, 0ISSVS_VAL, 0RECVS_VAL, 0RECTOTSTCK , 0RECVALSTCK fields which give -ve values.

I am not sure which Cube are you using, is it a Business Content / Enhanced / Customized ?

Hope it helps,

Pradip Parmar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wrushali,

In Inventory the data will be +ve for receipts and -ve for the issues.

check the transaction codes MB5B and MB51. It will show all the records with receipts and issues. And Check the records with BW.

Thank

BK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Yes I have done the compression of historical data (with tick on " No marker update")but the delta request we have not compressed because we wanted to check the data integrity.

Since we have not taken downtime while initialising BF delta we have lost few documents.

If I manually find the missing docs and do the full update would it reconcile the stock data. Also please tell me in that what do i have with compression. would it give result withou compression as wel.

Please help.

I appreciate your valuable time and would definitely reward useful ans with points.

With regards,

Wrushali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on the -ve value for which particular field are you getting ?

I would suggest to RE-DO the whole thing again, and this time around make sure you do not miss any DOCS created in R/3. Thats FREEZE all the further transactions while doing the same.

Do a INIT w/o DATA TRANSFER and then load FULL Updates with the data in R/3 and then start off with successive Delta Loads.

Here make sure that since you are not using 2LIS_03_BX and not generating an initial status, system assumes it to be 0.

So if there are negative values coming in for "Value received into valuated stock RECVS_VAL" then it should be fine I guesss.

Hope it helps,

Pradip Parmar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wrushali,

You need to take R/3 downtime too while you are initializing else you will end up with inconsisent data since it will not identify the correct selections for the data transfer and inthe next delta load.

Best Regards,

DMK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done the compression of cube as mentioned in the Document?

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We had taken R/3 downtime while doing set up for 2LIS_03_BX. Then we had done full updates of all historical data using BF. Then we had initialised Bf delta with data transfer.

Do we need to take R/3 downtime even while doing init for BF delta?

Please help.

With Best Regards,

Wrushali