cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro ABAP -- ALV Layout setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In my development with ALV in Webdynpro ABAP, I want to save the ALV layout via Setting. but it seems that the layout only can be saved as user-specific, is it any possible to use it as the gobal one?

Please kindly provide me some hints. Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can the ALV layout via Settings and make it a global one.

Step: In SE80 ,Double on the name of you Web Dynpro Application .

Step2:Select Web Dynpro Application Menu on the Menu Bar.

Step3:Select Test-> Execute in Administrative Mode from the Menu bar selected.

So you applications opens in adminstartive mode .

So go to settings make the changes and save it some name.

If you want to transport it to others systems Save it with the Transport Request.

Now the changes are available globally to all the users.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer, now the problem is solved.

Have a nice day,

rahul_datta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all

I also have to set an alv layout which will be seen by all the users, but while going forward with the instructions given by you, i got some issues.

After opening my WD application in adminstartive mode, I went to ALV settings and changed the layout as per the requirement and clicked 'Save As' button. Now it was showing Assignment as 'All' ( which is perfect ) but after mentioning the new view name, while clicking on OK, the view was not getting saved and also the 'Save' 'Save As'  'delete' etc. buttons got read-only i.e. disabled.i have raised the issue to SAP as well but they came up with the following reply,

" as per the SAP there is nothing from their side can be done to unhide the SAVE buttos , it seems there is  some authorization need to be given to your Basis Consultant in order to provide the access to the user to SAVE the view , their advice to let the authorization Consultant provide the needed access. "

screenshots attached for the better understanding

Now what steps should i take to get the customize view for all the users.

Please provide me some hints. Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards

Answers (0)