Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java mapping in PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I wanted some inputs on Java mapping concept in SAP PI 7.0

I do not have a java background but my current project requires me to develop Java mappings in SAP PI 7.0 since the XML structure in the incoming files from the application are very complex and the timelines very tight.

Kindly let me know whats the best approach and how to go about it.

A sample of java mapping or the procedure will be extremely helpful

Also ly a pointer on what all to be as a prerequisite in Core java for the same

Please help

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java Mapping Basics(Part 1) /people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

Java Mapping Basics(Part 2) /people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

Java Mapping Basics(Part 3) /people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the WIKI sections in the SDN for Proces Integration for more details

Also it contains a lot of examples on how to proceed also..

Gud luck for your project

Rajesh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>I do not have a java background but my current project requires me to develop Java mappings in SAP PI 7.0 since the XML structure in the incoming files from the application are very complex and the timelines very tight.

We can also use graphical or XSLT mapping for this

>>A sample of java mapping or the procedure will be extremely helpful

Search SDN you will find many. Please not that the logic is same only the APIs are different

Some blogs:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/10/23/testing-and-debugging-java-mapping-in-developer-studio

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/11170. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/12/12/java-mapping-to-handle-flat-files-in-sap-xi

And for PI7.1

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SampleJAVAMappingcodeusingPI7.1+API

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/JavaMappingSample+Code

>>Also ly a pointer on what all to be as a prerequisite in Core java for the same

DOM and SAX parsing techniques need to be known

Also operations on input and output stream is required

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Further to your post I wanted to know the drawbacks of using Java mapping

for Non java developer background I can understand but what about the performance aspects of it

I mean i am looking for the situations where Java mapping is preferred and should be used and typicaly where is it that Java mapping proves to be an issue in performance or design !

Thanks

former_member187339
Active Contributor
venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Java mapping we use at situations like while configuring with non SAP landscape, let us say if you want to process the message orchestration with legacy and non SAP application then java mapping will play the vital role. Either message mapping or java mapping we can use where we go for java mapping when we have to more customize the incoming xml navigation to fit with the out going xml structure.

coming to the performance,

refer this link: