cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution mnager - I m exploring SDTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I m exploring SDTM but cud not understand the use of it.....as whenver a developer wants tester to test in CHARM flow the status is to be tested then why should a separate transaction type needs to be created ?

Please Help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please be informed that test messages can only be created during testing

phase. So please switch your cycle to testing phase then you should be

able to use our standard method to create test messages for it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

My first doubt is ...we already have to be tested and in development which can be used by to retest or action is there to send if back for development then why we need this....

Second doubt is.....in test workbench we have SLFN messages being raised it should not be ...we shd hav only SDTM for tesing not SLFN as it is for support desk ...correct me if i m wrong....?

Please throw some light on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically SDTM is used to fix errors for normal corrections when the project cycle is in test phase;

In a CHARM scenario, after having set the normal corrections to status "consolidated", then you can shift the maintenance cycle to test phase, and the transport request in the normal correction will be released and imported to test system.

Now however if problems occur in the targeted system what can be done ?

one is shift the cycle back to in development phase and create a new normal correction

the other is to use SDTM without shifting the cycle's phase

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Sh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for ur reply...but there is no connection or action between SDMI and SDTM ...so if we post via crmd_order ...these will not be linked which will raise a problem....

Please provide inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any documentation of the workflow of the transaction SDTM? The reason I ask, is that I cannot find out when the status is changes when preforming a action -example: When I use the action - Release transport request, its does not seem to change the status of the transport document.

Best Regards

Endre