cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Object is not appearing in the Receiver Determination Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created and activated a context object in ESR but am unable to find the context object in ID. To use for condition routing in receiver determination. Please let me know what needs to be fixed?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

select "stateless XI 3.0 compatible" as the interface pattern in your service interface.

That way it will work.

Kind regards,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I tried what you all have suggested. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi Jorge,

Thanks. It works for when I use the interface pattern as "stateless XI 3.0 compatible" in the Service Interface. Why is that so? I want it to work even when the pattern is "stateless". Can you help?

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

check the How-to Guide "SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Best Practices: Design". There you'll find a good explanation on when to use one or other pattern. In principle the interface pattern "stateless XI 3.0 compatible" is the recommended one for many sceanrios (which involve technical adapters and communication with 3rd parties, etc.)

The link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0715b1d-68a6-2b10-9f8f-86c5b059c...

Although I'm still not sure about the reason why you can't use content-based routing with the other pattern. Well, you could through an enhanced receiver determination...

Not sure if still works this way in PI 7.1 ehp1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jorge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Anand,

I've just found this blog that puts a bit more light on this issue about routing with the new interface patterns.

/people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/15/sap-pi71-receiver-determination-xpath-and-you

But with that solution there would be two issues still, which are talked about in the comments section.

Edited by: Jorge Lopez on Oct 29, 2009 9:54 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Clear SLD Data Cache" from Environment menu in your ID and then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you checking in the 'Context Object' or 'XPath' section?

It should be there in 'Context Object' part in Expression editor of receiver determination.

Also, check whether cache has been refreshed.

Edited by: Supriya Sawant on Oct 27, 2009 6:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Have you assigned the created context object to the required element in message interface?

Go to interface mapping ---> Context Object Tab ---> Assign the created context obect to the required element --> save and activate.

Now you should be able to see that in ID.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Supriya,

I have assigned the Context Object in the Service Interface. Even then it is not appearing. I am not sure why?

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Patil

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have also faced this issue in XI3.0, what i will suggest is

1. Delete the already created receiver determination in ID and activate it.

2. re create the receiver determination and see whether you are getting the context object then.

Else try this

1. Delete the context object from ESR Service interface. Activate it

2. Now close ESR and ID and then re-open ESR.

3. Once again add context object to the same interface.

4. Open ID and try now adding it to Receiver Determination

Regards

Suraj