cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C Project -Available Capacity Days in Staffing tab(Resources)

manoj_pandya
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are not able to reconcile the available capacity days for BP in Staffing tab of Resources . We have maintained available days/capacity through RPM_EMPDATA for a BP and we have also maintained the start and end date for a BP.

e.g. If we maintain available days as 20 for a BP for the month of Nov and required from Nov 1st to Nov 30th 2009, the available days shown in available capacity (resources) is 15 days.

Any explanation on how 15 days are worked out by the system will be great .

Thanking you in advance

Manoj

PS-Our Calander has 2 days of holidays in the month of Nov.2009.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manoj_pandya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo ,

Thanks for your responce to our issue. I think most of the places we have unit as Days. However since you raise this question, in RPM_EMPDATA where we maintain BP availability there are two units 1) Availability units (which is in hrs) and 2) Break Down (Which in days), here we are not able to change availability units in days, hence while entering availability units we are not sure which unit is final day or hrs? . However we tried both ways and in both cases we are not able reconcile the hrs or days. It appears that SAP is factoring the available hrs/day with certain %. Any insight in this setting will be appricated.

Thanks and regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I beleive that RPM_EMPDATA availability unit (hrs / day) doesnt have effect on showing the availability.

1. The hrs u r maintaining here should be same as factory Calender working hrs i.e 8 hrs / day. Check the calender working days and calender days.

2. Please check the unit at Additional data tab of Project definition is maintained as days.

please check and confirm, I hope by this it should get resolved.

Pramod

manoj_pandya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod

Thanks for your responce on this. That was our impressions too however if we make those units as zero for a BP then availability hrs are also shown zero in staffing tab. The additional tabs does have unit has days.

Thanks and regards

manoj

PS- I think this may be causing because of "Make General Setting on Distribution" -Currently we are testing with those changes as the default setting is in hrs and we want it in days.

manoj_pandya
Explorer
0 Kudos

We resolved this issue by mantaining available unit in days for a BP using trax code RPM_EMPDATA . I think there is an issue in the system which we are going to repot to SAP.

Edited by: Manoj Pandya on Oct 29, 2009 5:33 PM

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Do they have the exact same unit?

KInd regards,

Zhenbo