Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can neone please tell me what is flexible reporting, is it different from normal ABAP reports? If it is so, please provide me details at rcsourav@rediffmail.com..

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Sourav

7 REPLIES 7

former_member181962
Active Contributor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

CHECK THIS THREAD

hope this helps,

priya.

0 Kudos

hi,

<b>The SAP System provides comprehensive and flexible reporting tools for the analysis of existing cost flows in an enterprise</b>. You can use these both to carry out recurring standard evaluations and to create reports for extraordinary queries and tasks. You can analyze data interactively as soon as it has been created in the SAP System and trace its origins right down to document level. All reports that are available online can also be executed in the background. This is particularly important in the case of very extensive datasets.

For objects with a hierarchical structure, such as cost centers, you can either create single reports for all the nodes in the hierarchy and for the individual objects, or you can generate all the relevant reports via the database in a selection run. If you choose the second possibility, you can navigate interactively within the hierarchy. This offers, among other things, a very flexible control of cost center areas, for example.

Report Painter and Report Writer are two very comprehensive reporting tools provided by SAP, using which you can report data from the Special Purpose Ledger (FI-SL) and other application components.

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the response,

Santosh, as u have mentioned Report writer and Painter, i wud like to know are they same as ABAP Query, please brief me, wat is the TC and how to do it...

0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

Check this Link to know the same

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/56/32e339b62b3011e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Sourav Reward Points for the helpful answers...

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

thanks santosh, this is not a question, i dun know how do i award u with points..if there is any other way, please lemme know as i m new to the site.

thanks n regards

sourav