cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Structure Not Visible under Content Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have EP 6.0 SP13.The Folder structure(Both Business objects and Portal Content) under Content Administration and Folder structure under System Administration is not visible.I have logged in as Administrator and the roles assigned were:

com.sap.pct.crm.crm_default_services

Administrator

ContentManager

eu_role

super_admin_role

When i'm trying to access the portal content,<b>Loading...</b>is dispalyed in Content Area for a while and a message <b>'error occured'</b> is displayed in the status bar instead of <b>'Done'</b>.

I'm also having a problem in Detailed Navigation.Nothing is visible under Detailed Navigation.

Any Inputs on the above issues would be of great Help.

Thanks and regards,

Vijaya Sai.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Pls check the following:

1. Use FQDN (fully qualfied domain name - eg:abc.company.com) and not the ipaddress of the portal.

2. Pls check whether this user has permissions to access the content.

To check this, go Content Administration - > Portal content. Right click and go to permissions.

Check the permissions. If not avl, add the user.

Logoff. Close the browser and check again.

3. Add an entry in system32/drivers/etc/hosts file for your portal address.

eg:

<ipaddress > <portal address>

11.22.33.44 abc.company.com

Regards,

venkat.

[Pls reward points if found useful]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

I have the same issue after installing the portal.this is for NW04s.

no content visible in the PCD.

Any clues?I am accessing the portal through IP address

regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be only 2 problems when PCD objects are not being shown.

1) You don't have the permission to view it. But since you are an administrator, you don't have to worry about it.

2) The browser is unable to show the PCD objects.

Now lets look at the solution:

I had faced the same issues where when I tried to access the portal using IP address, PCD objects will not show. So the solution is to access the portal through its "name" rather than the IP address.

I guess you would have tried to access the portal by its name, then you had faced an error in browser and so you are trying to access the portal by IP address.

if this is true, make an entry in the hosts file in your local machine, mapping the IP address to the domain name.

If you dont know how to do it, please follow the following:

Goto the following folder in windows

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\

You will find a file named hosts. Open it in notepad and give the IP address & domain name of the portal in the format specified there. Save the file. Now if you access the portal using its domain name, you should be able to see the PCD. If you are still not getting it, restart the machine and try once more. It should work.

If you are using a Linux system, the file can be found under the \etc under the root folder.

Regards,

Vijai.

Message was edited by:

Vijai Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you clear your cache, close your browser and try again ?

Is it happening everytime or only sometime ?

Regards,

Piyush

ps: please mark for useful answers.

Is the problem solved already as I see that this is already marked as solved.

Message was edited by: Piyush Kumar