cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using xmii 12.0

I'm calling a transaction as a web service from a windows application. I have a transaction that at times returns a large amount of data. When the data set get large I get the following message instead of the dataset:

500 Connection Timeout

Error: 5

Component: ICM

Module: icxxthr.c

Line: 2698:

Server: XXXXXX

What I'm trying to determine is where is the time out coming from. What parameter controls this timeout value ? Is it a netweaver parameter ?

Any help would be appriecated.

Thanks

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glen,

In NW Visual Administrator go to the Cluster tab and under Services take a look at HTTP Provider and the associated ServletsLongDataTransferLimit and ServletsLongDataTransferTimeout settings.

Do some research on these settings in the help, etc. and readjust accordingly. Probably requires a NW restart (it might prompt you after applying the change - not sure).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currenlty working on rewriting the transaction to decrease the size of the returned dataset. I'm tryiing to come up with a short term solution until I can implement the fix. I thought if I can temporarily increase a timeout value the system would continue to run without errors (just a littler slower). Just trying to buy some time.

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to run that BLS with same input as stand alone from Workbench.

If yes,how much doe it take you to give you that o/p in standaone mode?

Usually,returning huge amount of data over http/webservice is not a good idea.

Thanks

Hari

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not a windows app developer but some thing like below configrations might be there in you application..thought it might help you ...

http://smehrozalam.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/retrieving-huge-amount-of-data-from-wcf-service-in-silve...

-Hari