cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we get the proper msg sequnceing in PI as they created in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have implemented an Asyn. scenario for SAP to web base system using RFC adp.---->SOAP adp.

Msg initiate from PO Creation or Change.....there is a workflow behind that which calls the RFC which trigger an asyn call to PI and PI sends the data to web base serivce. Secnario working fine but problem occurs when RFC connection is down for some reason or the target system(web base service) is down for maintains.

What happens is...whenever the RFC connection or target system is down the msgs (PO cretaed or changed) are queued up in the SM59 Transaction. and when we manually reprocess all from the SM59......all the msgs went to PI but the ordering of the mags are not the same as they created in SAP. Ordering in the sense of time stamp on the creation or change in SAP.

Like a change on a Purchase Order goes before the same PO order create.

So do we have anything in the PI configaration so that we can control the sequenceing/ordering of the msgs in PI based on the time stamp as they create in SAP system.

I would really appericate your respones.

Thanks.

Gaurav Pratap.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, Let say your receiver system and down and PI is unable to deliver the message . To resend the PI message, you can go to RWB and can reprocess them from there, in that case, the message will be delivered in the same sequence that as it was sent from the sender system

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=%28J2EE3417800%29ID1481370650DB0135083303081575940...

Pooja

Edited by: Pooja Pandey on Oct 26, 2009 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja,

Thanks for the prompt respone it was helpful.

Thats fine but in the other secnario where RFC connection frms SAP to PI is down and the msgs are queued up in the SM59.

And when the RFC connection is up...and we processed all the msgs in one shot then the sequeneing of the msgs is getting messed up.

Like I will give u an exmaple..

RFC connection in the SAP and PI is down.....and same time User create a PO which trigger the msg to PI but RFC connection is not up it will stuck in SM59 queue.

And after some time the User make some changes in the same PO which again trigger the msg to PI as this msg will again queued in SM59 as we have the RFC connection down betwwen SAP to PI.

Once the RFC connection is UP we process all the mgs struck in SM59 (we have option there to trigger all)

So Once the msgs in PI the sequence of msgs got messed up. Like ideally Cretad request goes first followed by changes request if any.

But sometimes....when we trigger all from SM59 the changes goes first then the create request.

This is the eroor secnario I am currenty facing. Pls suggest.

Thanks.

Answers (0)