cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive and Delete question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 65K messages with ITFACTION set to ARCH and REORG set to INI. The retention period is set to 2 days and these messages were all from 10/15. Can someone tell me why when I run the archive job, these messages are not actually archived. The ITFACTION should now say DEL.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Thanks for your input. I followed the same document to setup both a development and production system. The configuration is the same between both systems. For some reason, the production system is not archiving these messages even though the ITFACTION is set to ARCH.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taylor,

Messages with status 'ARCH' won't get archived if the status of the messages has not reached to 'final' state.

If you are sure about that your Archive/Delete jobs are running fine and these suspected messages are not archived. Thne please run the report RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS.

This report helps you in finding the messages status so accordingly we can take necessory action.

Regards

Sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for your response. I have over 60K messages in status 003 which is completed successfully. The adapter status is 000.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran through the configuration to double check and didn't find anything missing. I decided to schedule the archive again and it is now writing several files. It appears to be working now. I don't know what is different or why it would work today and not yesterday. Nothing changed.

Puzzled, but glad it is now working.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taylor,

That's great to hear that no other status messages with the report output.

Please revert back if still not resolved.

Regards

Sekhar