cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit own extended user details

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented the "How To Extend User Details" guide.

Now I need to give the users an Iview to edit these new fields. The Personalize -> User Profile just isn't doing it for me.

How do I create an iView that lets the user maintain these fields?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

you can create an iView based on the component UserProfile that is included in the PAR file com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.

Parameter UMEFunction must be set to "UserProfile".

Another possibility would be to use the same iView that is included in the Portal Personalization Workset. The iView is called "Personalize - User Profile" and is located under Portal Content -> Content Provided by SAP -> Admin Interfaces -> Admin iView Templates.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Thanks, but this iView (which I assume is the same as Personalize -> User Profile), has the following shortcomings:

1) Does not have input help, e.g. for dates

2) Does not support fixed values

3) Does not allow changing the label for new fields

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

I have previously been challenged by the same shortcommings you are mentioning here. If you find a nice workaround, would you please post it in here?

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your interest. I am currently implementing a DynPage with an HTMLB form with which I hope to save the resource properties values using the KM API. I will let you know how it works out.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so after some investigation, what I'm going to do is to write a custom input form to capture the users detail and then save it via the UME API.

It's a pretty crappy solution, but hey, it will do the job.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm seeing many references to "How To Extend User Details" guide in these forums... but I cannot locate this document.

Can someone please post a link?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

This is the link:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001480972005E.PDF

If this doesn't work, go to http://service.sap.com/nw04 and then navigate to SAP NetWeaver > SAP NetWeaver 2004 - Release-Specific Information > How-to Guides > Portal, KM and Collaboration and select KM on the right.

Cheers,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

The way I have been thinking of doing it is using property structures to represent a resource representing the user in /ume/users to the user to edit and save.

This is similar to your solution in your presentation "Creating Contact Lists..." where you use the com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.uicommand.cm.UIPropertiesCommand command with the PropertyStructure= parameter.

The problem is, how do I do this (programatically)? The user should not have to navigate via /ume/users to find their user to edit.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Martin