cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link for VoiceObject Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We would like to create a Voice Application for SAP Netweaver. But we are unable to find the VoiceObject Server which will serve as a middleware between Voice Application and SAP Netweaver Application Server basicallywould integrate SAP Netweaver with various gateways

We currently have SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 but we are unable to find the

download for the VoiceObject Server

Can you please give us the link of the VoiceObject Server from where canwe download it

Regards

JM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

First I am going to make a couple of assumptions:

1) You have a gateway and your problem is limited to locating the VoiceObjects Server runtime.

2) That you have looked in NetWeaver Administrator and not found the tc~voear at the following location:

Operation Management -> Systems -> Start&Stop -> Java EE Applications -> search for the application tc~voear

In this case go to the Service Marketplace and download the relevant version of the VOICERT*.SCA file and deploy it to the CE application server. This SCA file contains the tc~voear

It can be found at the following location:

http://service.sap.com/swdc

Downloads > SAP Software Distribution Center > Download > Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group

SAP NetWeaver > SAP NETWEAVER > SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NW CE 7.1 > Entry by Component > Composite Voice

VOICE RUNTIME 7.11 > # OS independent

I hope this answers your question.

Regards

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS: I also assumed that you have the Visual Composer Voice Kit installed. The file is VOICEVC*.SCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your help

I could locate tc~voear and the service is running

Can you please explain me

1> You have a gateway and your problem is limited to locating the VoiceObjects Server runtime.

how can I get the gateway the only thing I have done is deployed the

VOICERT01P_2-20002755.SCA

VOICEVC01_0-20002754.SCA

VOICEVC08_0-10005162.SCA files to the CE server

If I want to create a voice application what all things are required to install and how do I configure the stuffs so that my voice application works

If there is any third party software can you please provide me with the links of that also

Regards

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

I am a bit puzzled about VOICEVC08_0-10005162.SCA

This is for CE 7.1 without EhP1

Also are you on SPS01 of EhP1?

I ask because this is the version of the other SCAs you listed.

As a general rule apply the same SPS level, as the rest of software stack you currently have installed.

Now the problem is that you don't have a Voice Gateway? The following are supported by VoiceObjects Server:

u2022 Alcatel

u2022 Avaya

u2022 BeVocal

u2022 Cisco

u2022 Comverse

u2022 Edify

u2022 Genesys

u2022 Holly

u2022 HP

u2022 IBM

u2022 Intervoice

u2022 Nortel

u2022 Nuance

u2022 Loquendo

u2022 OptimSys

u2022 Plum

u2022 Telenet

u2022 Tellme

u2022 Verascape

u2022 Visibridge

u2022 Vocalocity

u2022 VoiceGenie

u2022 Voxeo

u2022 Voxpilot

u2022 West

Voxeo aquired VoiceObjects so the Prophecy server may be worth looking at (it is free to use for two concurrent calls)

http://www.voxeo.com/prophecy/

http://www.speechtechmag.com/VerticalMarkets/Voxeo-975.aspx

Note: Remember to check for any OS platform or other prerequisites, just like any other software selection.

Otherwise you may want to go with a Gateway product from a company with which you already have a relationship (for networks or telephony) and can get support from. I think support is a key criteria, since I doubt that SAP will help much, unless there is a problem with the VoiceXML generated.

Good luck

Jim