cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP 5.3: Flag "confidential" in password emails?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

Is there any flag where I can set the password emails in CUP private?

Beacause if a person is on holiday and delegate his emails to an alternate person in office, it can be possible that this alternate person log on with the userID and password in a SAP-system. This cannot be compliant!

But if there is the flag "confidential" these emails will not be forwarded to the alternate person.

Thanks & Best regards,

Alexa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Forewarding ALL EMail to someone is almost always a very bad idea. There are lots of other emails that I wouldn't want forwarded to other people....

You could filter out all email with "password" in the subject, but the real solution is to just not do that.

A different solution is to send emails through a secure email gateway.

Kind regards,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I wrote, I mean forwarding email via email client! If employees are on holiday, most of them have the chance to forward their emails to a colleagues via lotus notes or microsoft outlook. If emails have the flag "confidential", they aren't forward to the representative. So it should be possible to set this flag to CUP emails, which include a password!

I know that the email reminder configuration allows you to display the password only for a few seconds. But these few seconds can be enough for the colleague to enter in the sap-systems with the userID and password!

My Questions was if anybody knows a potential solution of this ? If not I should open a sap message.

Thanks & Kind regards,

Alexa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexa,

I think opening a message to SAP may be a good idea in this case as the configuration available for the email is not exactly exhaustive.

I suppose the CUP emails need to be able to integrate with other email clients and not just Outlook but then again, that was what Duet was all about wasn't it?!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexa,

Within the email reminder configuration there is a setting which allows the password to be displayed or not in the email sent to the user. This can also be set to only display the password for a number of seconds.

I am not aware of any setting which will actually change the flag status of an email though.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexa,

Are you talking @ setting up email delegation in email client or CUP? If you set up delegation in CUP, it only forwards the emails where the email recipient is an approver. If you are talking @ forwarding email via email client then I don't think you can make any change to this email.

Alpesh