cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusion of Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to prevent/exclude un-restericted stock from being a part of the net requirement change planning. We use planning with final assembly strategy and naturally the un-restricted stock is not an availbe option to uncheck.

We don't want our un-restrcited stock to be consumed by independent requirements

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishy,

You can create a separate category and category group in customisation of

APO (spro) and exclude the ATP categories for unrestriced stock and then

try carrying out net change planning

This will resolve your issue

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil, Julien, Pavan, Saradha,

I did create a new Cat grp and included the new ATP category which doesn't contain CC stock anymore. I then created a PIR awhich came acorss into APO and got netted out by existing stock. .

Is this solution even acheivable in in PP/DS?

Advance thanks to all.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other simple option would be to stop the Stock being transferred to APO via CIF. If you don't have an active integration model for stocks, they won't be available in APO.

Regards,

Senthilrajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saradha,

Thanks for teh feedback. I will try that option for a test but looks little scary. I don't want my little requirement to produce major issues in the system. But I will try it anyway.

Senthil, I do want to see stock info in APO, so excluding thme from active CIF models is not an option.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, try changing the stock category during CIF transfer and exclude that from the Category Grp for stock in SPRO.

Regards,

Senthilrajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively, you can change the macro in your book to exclude the initial stock from the projcted stock calculation.

Create a specific planning book for that, and use it only for this purpose; this way you keep all the flexibility you want.

Regards

Julien

0 Kudos

Hi Vishy,

Instead of changing the standard category group you can create your own category group which should be the copy of ST1 but exclude CC from it. Then assign this Z category group to your key figure.

This way, we are not changing the standard category group and hence impact will be zero. And you do not have to change the macro as well.

Hope this help

Pavan Sarda

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In general the stock will show up in the initial bucket of your planning book. If you do not want unrestricted stock to be considered by planning , then go to category group ST1 in SPRO and remove the category "CC" from the category group. That way unrestricted stock will not be considered by planning.

But you have to be extremely careful when doing this because once you eliminate category "CC" from ST1 , it is going to impact all materials that are SNP planned. So if there are materials for which unrestricted stock has to be included in planning then planning is going to gice incorrect results for them.

Thanks

Saradha