cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping first view of a Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an entrance screen to a WebDynpro Component on which the user has to enter a value for an input field and select one of the processing modes( Create, Delete, Change) for this object. There are some input checks and some data are filled for the second screen when the user fills in the input field and presses one of the buttons on the screen. Now i want to open this functionality with an API to a SAPGUI based application and I would like to skip the first screen when the user gives the value of the input field and the processing mode(Display, Create or Change) on the screen. Is it possible to program a kind of CALL TRANSACTION ... SKIP FIRST SCREEN with WebDynpro applications and navigate to the second screen automatically with triggering the filling of data and checks on first screen with displayigng it?Thanks.

Regards,

Sukru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sukru,

You could maintain another window where you could rearrange the views including skipping view1 and directly you could open view2.

You now have two windows catering to both the scenarios and you could associate two different webdynpro applications with two different windows.

The above approach is done at design time, you could definitely go for the runtime approach where you maintain some code in the rendering of the first view but it would be poor in performance comparatively.

Regards

Anurag Chopra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible.

I have some parameters in the at the WD application level. In the WDDOINIT of the view, im using these parameters based on

these values i'm skipping the 1st view and going to 2nd view directly.

In my 1st view, I have a input field and some button with an action to it.

for ex:

i read application parameter into some variable lv_var.

and EXECUTE is the action attached to the button where im firin my plug to second view.

lv_var = wdr_task=>client_window->get_parameter( 'VAR' ).
if lv_var eq 'X'.  "Skip screen
***Set the values to the Input field here

CREATE OBJECT lref_event
      EXPORTING
        name = 'EXECUTE'.
    wd_this->ONACTIONEXECUTE( wdevent = lref_event ).
  ENDIF.
endif.

In the button handler, i have my coding....

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Lekha.