cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print of PDF-Originals without viewing and starting Adobe Acrobat Reader

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have searched your forum for a while but I have not found any answer of my problem. We have document types which are linked with material number. The Originals of these SAP documents could be PDF-Files. Now we have the requirement by creating an offer for our customer that we have to print besides the offer form also every document which is linked with the offer materials. So in our case we have to print pdf-files out of SAP. This was until Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7 no problem and you could use the standard way (e.g. mark relevant document in material master (tab documents) and push button "print originals"). But from version 8 on if you push button "print originals" the document is not printed but only displayed after adobe acrobat application has started and opened the file. You can imagine that if you have e.g. a offer with 200 items and after creating you want to print your documents but the documents are not printer and you get 200 popups for each document that is not a very beautiful solution and the enduser will not accept this. So if you have ideas your already solutions please inform me about it.

Kind regards,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Is there any possibility in SAP where in we can convert PDF file to Spool without using any third party tool.

If so please advise?

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

There is no way in SAP where in we can convert PDF to Spool without any third party tool.

If so please advise

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually there is no process in SAP to convert PDF file to spool . So we need third party tool from SEAL SYSTEMS (like this different companies in the market) . Please search for XDC (external Document Convert ) Interface document in the net.

So that you understand why we need third party tool in SAP.

So now we did one solution, without buying third party tool but run only in fore ground.

In foreground i already mention how to do in my previous reply...

Thanks,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Extern,

Did you solved this issue, if so can you post the solution.

Even I am having the same requirement. I need to print CAD Drawings which exists in PDF in background processing.

Thanks

Vinod

VinodSF
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Extern,

Did you solved this issue, if so can you post the solution.

Even I am having the same requirement. I need to print CAD Drawings which exists in PDF in background processing.

Thanks

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Same thing i have faced and i have done one type of solution that i am first downloading from SAP server to local drive by using "open data set " and that file i am downloading to local " c:\temp " folder and then delete from server then print to local printer by using cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute

document = 'local drive path'

operation = 'Print'.

at this time you get only one pop up for all pdfs while printing but you no need to click print.

the delete from c: drive.

Hope this idea will help you.

thanks,

Hari

Edited by: harikiran mitnala on Oct 30, 2009 4:31 PM

former_member216702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you must configure (SPRO) your original type.

Thierry