cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to set / change timeout parameter for SRM / CCM?!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

Might be an idiotic question... but I'm stuck in finding the right place to set/change the timeout parameters for SRM (bbpstart) and CCM CAT (Catalog Authoring Tool) sessions. We're on SRM 4.0 with SRM Server 5.0 SP08 and CCM 2.0 SP03 and are using the internal ITS.

Thanks for some input!

Kind regards,

Renaud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud,

you can set timeout parameters in SMICM, folder path Goto > Paramters >Change or Display, the paramter for network timeout is parameter icm/keep_alive_timeout.

Regards

Chris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris, Dinesh

Thanks for your valuable inputs! In the meantime I also found OSS notes 705013 (Timeout for ICS services based on ITS) and 885580 (Integrated ITS: Configuration Parameters).

Our settings as of today are as follows:

icm/keep_alive_timeout = 3600
  icm/server_port_0      = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8000,TIMEOUT=60,PROCTIME=1200

The 2 parameters:

rdisp/gui_auto_logout
  rdisp/plugin_auto_logout

are not there at all.

In SICF the session timout settings in BBPSTART (ITS based) and SRM_CSE (BSP based) service is set to 00:00:00.

We run SRM 4.0 with SRM Server 5.0 SP08 and CCM 2.0 SP03 on a single host installation. SRM Server runs in client 100, CCM in client 200. We've setup SSO according to the self service procurment and ccm config guides. Normally this configuration works ok, but sometimes, when end users wait too long without logging off and then on again, we encounter difficulties such as that we get ITS session timeouts from SRM server or more annoying, an error from CCM when trying to access our catalog in order to pick up some items into the SC. The error tells something about a wrong SSO configuration. I assume that somewhere the CCM timeouts are not the same (less high?) as the ones in SRM server. BUT: both are on the same single host instance! Well, each part in its own client but even then: aren't the timeout settings in the profile parameters and those in SICF client independent?

Are there other timeout parameters I could check? Maybe the SSO cookie I get from the SRM server after a successful login to SRM server becomes invalid too fast?

Kind regards,

Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renaud ,

Check Transaction SMICM->GO TO ->parameters->change->

Here you can find timeout settings.

But if you are getting timeout error in EBP SC window for accessing your catalogs , the actual reason may be related to:

yr CCM config settings.

BR

Dinesh