cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with a new font

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I tried to install a new TrueType font to use in SmartForms, which I did using the transaction SE73.

Now when I print an invoice from the transaction VF03, it's using the new font, although I made no changes to the form being used! The print preview didn't change, it's still using the old font.

This behavior occurs only when I log on my PC, when I use SAP from another preson's PC or when another person uses SAP from my PC, the printed invoice is correct.

I de-installed this font but the printout of my invoices didn't change.

Does anybody have an idea what to do?!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you use frontend printing? In that case, maybe you also have installed the font in your windows, while other people don't.

Below I assume that you used frontend printing:

- What frontend device type is used by your output device? (SPAD transaction; possible values: sapwin, i2sapwin, etc.)

- What font do you use in your smart form?

- What values for print controls 1 and 2 do you have for your device type? (SE73 transaction, choose printer fonts)

- What font substitutions do you have in saplpd program? (run saplpd from command line if it is not already opened)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below I assume that you used frontend printing:

- What frontend device type is used by your output device? (SPAD transaction; possible values: sapwin, i2sapwin, etc.)

My output device is LOCL and is of type I2SWIN. Under "access method" I see "host spool access method: printing on front end computer".

- What font do you use in your smart form?

"Family" field of "character formats/font attributes" in SmartForms is empty (I suppose it uses default fonts).

- What values for print controls 1 and 2 do you have for your device type? (SE73 transaction, choose printer fonts)

I don't know how to link my LOCL output device with a device type on this list?

- What font substitutions do you have in saplpd program? (run saplpd from command line if it is not already opened)

None, the list is empty.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> "Family" field of "character formats/font attributes" in SmartForms is empty (I suppose it uses default fonts).

>

Look at smart style header, you'll see the default font.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The default font is Courier, and that's not the one that's been used for printing the invoice!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marko, could you solve the issue, and how?

Thx

sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deinstalled the font in transaction SE73 and it helped. This had nothing to do with the form itself.