cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is File Receiver communication channels single stream

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in which i receive files through different soap sender communication channels and then all these files are written into a file system using the same file adpater.

My question is if there are 5 soap sender channels and if we receive files through all these at the same time, will all these files be written into the file system at the same time parallely or they will be written one after the other as only one file adapter is being used.

Deepika.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All at the same time and parallely.. in ideal situation.

If you want to avoid to happen this, then see my reply in this thread..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

In your forum , you have mentioned that all the files will picked up at once but will be queued. So does that mean the files will be written one after the other and will not be written at the same time when using the same file adapter for all.

Edited by: Deepika Kejriwal on Oct 26, 2009 4:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if you use the same method as I described in the above thread..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Oct 26, 2009 8:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

No its not an interveiw question but our support team have raised this question. The point is we dont want any delay in writing those files on a file system. So need a strong confirmation that file receiver writes the files parallely and doesnot queue up the files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

File receiver doesnot have ' Quality of service' parameter at all.

But we have set Quality of service' parameter to Exactly once in soap sender channels. But my concern here is the file receiver communication channel. Whether this channel will work in parallel or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

As far as file adapter is concerned,at one time it proesses one write operation to the file system. Once the file is successfully written the thread is released and the next u2018file receiver adapter' thread processes the next file request.

So the default behavior for the file adapter is sequential.

If you want your File adapter to work sequential you can set th Maximum Concurrency parameter at the Receiver File CC >1

Check out : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I misunderstood your last reply (because I was to fast to read it), so deleting my reply..

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Oct 26, 2009 8:58 PM

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats what i dont want... I want the file receiver to write all those five files from five different SOAP sender channels to write them at the same time and not one by one because they have been received from five different sources.

What is the work around for this?

What do i need to configure to achieve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

As I mentioned in the previous reply, you can set the Maximum Concurrency parameter in your Receiver File Communication channel to decide how many files you want to create parallely from the same CC.

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

One solution could be using 5 receiver CC. (But again it will not gaurntee to write all files exactly at same time there could be few ms difference or more becuse of newtwork traffic or some other unknow reasons).

I am not sure if practically it will be ALWAYS possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think what Pooja as suggested you should try. Becuase I haven't done this before.

Thanks Pooja for this information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pooja for the information.

I will try that out...