cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting all the values of the selected row in a table using Javascript.

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on Offline Interactive Form.

In this, a prefilled table is displayed.According to the requirement, the user should be able to select any one row of this table, and after the selection I need to check the equipment type of the selected record.Based on this equipment type I need to decide the page number(of the same form) on which the control should navigate.(Here Equipment type is one of the fields in the table).

I am thinking of having a radiobutton as one of the fields of the table so that there will be one radiobutton available on the form for each record, so that user can select a single record by these radio buttons.

Please advice if there is any better approach to get this done.

For achieving the functionality as described above (Going to respective page number according to the equipment type) I am planning to use Javascript.But dont know how to as I have no knowledge of the same.

A sample code for the same would be helpful.

Also please guide me as How to start learning Javascript and any documentation regarding the same would be helpful.

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks in Advance.

Sarang Akhare

Edited by: sarang akhare on Oct 28, 2009 2:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

For documentation please take the following two blogs:

[/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2007/05/30/useful-documentation-for-developing-interactive-forms|/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2007/05/30/useful-documentation-for-developing-interactive-forms]

[/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2007/09/03/accessing-data-nodes-in-sap-interactive-forms|/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2007/09/03/accessing-data-nodes-in-sap-interactive-forms]

Instead of radio buttons you might use a check box and some scripting to update any related form fields.

Regards,

Juergen

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for the reply..those blogs were really helpful.

I am struck with a weird problem now.request your inputs on this.

The requirement is to have a List box on the form from which a user can select multiple options from the list...

For this I have used a LISTBOX from the liabray and have checked its ALLOW MULTIPLE SELECTION option in the

Field tab of the object pallete...I have binded the internal table from the interface of the form to this listbox inoder to show the list of values in the listbox....Here the problem is when I check the ALLOW MULTIPLE SELECTION option, no values are displayed in the listbox but if I remove the ALLOW MULTIPLE SELECTION OPTION, then the listbox works fine....

Please suggest how to get rid of this problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Sarang Akhare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang,

It also did not work for me. Could you please open a customer message for this issue so that someone from Adobe can look into the details and provide some advice to you?

Thanks,

Juergen

Sarang_Akhare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks again for helping me out. Sorry could not reply back as I was too busy.

I could not raise a customer message for the said problem due to some limitations but I have implemented a work around for the problem.It is as follows.

I have given a dropdown list from which a user will select a single value at a time and then hit a ADD button on the form.This button will fill the listbox with the selected value from the dropdown.The user can add as many options as he wants from the dropdown list into the list box .I have also given a REMOVE button on the form so that user can select any of the value in the list box and delete it incase he does'nt want it in the listbox i.e ; if he has selected the same by mistake.

Thanks & regards,

Sarang

Answers (0)