Participant
0 Kudos

Good Day..

We currently have the following landscape

Sandbox , Dev., QA and Production for

Portal

ECC

BI

We are prepare plans to cluster the ECC landscape and we are not sure how the communication betwen Portal and BI will need to be configured IF we ONLY cluster ECC (high availablitiy and for maint. up 24x7)

The portal we are considering adding a network Balancer and here will also need additional hardware.

BI is not critical to be up 24x7

Any recommendations/limitations with this vision?

Anyone with experience in this area pleas advise

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day,

Please check the below two links provided for configuring BI Java

Prerequisites for Initial Configuration of BI Java

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/2b4b17778a2b30e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Wizard-Based Configuration of BI Java

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/25/5aee4242217076e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Suneel.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Suneel.

We are not running JAVA in BI (although it IS installed)

maria

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though your thread is labled "answered", I did not see any "answers" to your questions, so I thought I provide some information.

If you cluster your ECC for 24x7, you should have have a HW load balancer to access your ECC application. This way the HW LB will take care of where to redirect traffic, since you can configure the HW to only direct traffic to the "hot" server and not the "cold".

As for Portal, the commication from Portal to ECC will be drect to the HW LB, and Portal wouldn't know which server is actually live, and that will be handled by the HW LB.

I wouldn't suggest using a web dispacther, b/c a web dispatcher doesn't know which server is "hot" or "cold" and will do a round robin regardless.

Just some thought...

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You so much for you input. I am once again faced with the delima to to the GEO clustering for all our Producton servers. The question is???

do we do the GEO clustering on Portal ECC and BI or just use the LB to assist.

The purpose of the GEO clustering is to eliminate any one point of failure. As well as eliminate downtime for maint. etc.. as well as for contingency purposes.

any thoughts advise?

thanks so much

maria