cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS and Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've few queries on CCMS and Alerts. I understand CCMS is to monitor whole XI/PI, whereas, Alerts (ALRTCATDEF) are specific to interfaces. My requirement is to monitor all XI/PI interfaces (say for mapping/adapter errors). In my case, is CCMS alone sufficient to monitor/notify by mail (say using auto reaction) the mapping/adapter error for any interfaces? And if I need to pass CCMS errors to ALM, should I create Alerts for this case?

In case, if I need to notify different set of receivers for different interface mapping/adapter errors, how can I assign different auto reaction methods (with different alert classification) for the same MTE?

Also, if I create alerts in ALRTCATDEF for mapping and adapter errors, don't I need to use CCMS alerts? Or even CCMS will send notification? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Hussain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, is CCMS alone sufficient to monitor/notify by mail (say using auto reaction) the mapping/adapter error for any interfaces? And if I need to pass CCMS errors to ALM, should I create Alerts for this case?

You need to figure it out what exactly you want to do. If you are planning to use CCMS, then you will be introducing a central monitoring system in your SAP environment.

If you plan to use ALM, then do the Basis settings before you can proceed. Research on SDN / SAP help for tons of materials on how to do this.

In case, if I need to notify different set of receivers for different interface mapping/adapter errors, how can I assign different auto reaction methods (with different alert classification) for the same MTE?

You can set the list of receivers in the ALRTCATDEF for the specific category.

Also, if I create alerts in ALRTCATDEF for mapping and adapter errors, don't I need to use CCMS alerts? Or even CCMS will send notification?

No, you don't need to use CCMS if you are using ALRTCATDEF. But do remember that this will only monitor your PI interfaces and won't act like a central monitoring system.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Oct 26, 2009 3:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

Thanks for the prompt response. But still it isn't that clear.

Can any of you suggest the CCMS and alerts best practices for PI like in general how mapping/adapter errors are monitored/notified?

Thanks,

Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any of you suggest the CCMS and alerts best practices for PI like in general how mapping/adapter errors are monitored/notified?

If you just want to capture mapping or adapter level errors, then you don't need CCMS. Just implement the ALM and you will be good to go.

Using ALM, you can capture any error coming up on Integration Engine or Adapter Engine.

Is CCMS implemented in your SAP environment? If you want to monitor only PI instances, then you don't need CCMS.

Hope this is clear to you.

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Oct 27, 2009 8:35 AM