cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material variant not found when configuring an item on a sales order...

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client has been using Configurable Materials and Material Variants for several years. At times, when entering a sales order on a Configurable material, the Material Variant is NOT displayed, even though the values entered for characteristics exactly match that of a Variant.

I suspect that the "link" between the Configurable material and the Material Variant has been broken, perhaps due to changes made to one of the material masters. I've found that I can restore this "link" by changing the configuration of the Material Variant (MM02 transaction, the MRP3 tab, "Configure variant" button).

(1) Can you tell me under what circumstances the "link" between Configurable and Variant gets broken? In other words, are there certain fields on the Material master which, when changed, break this link? If so, which fields?

(2) Can you tell me how to identify those Material Variants which have a broken "link" (eg, those which do not link back to a Configurable material, for sales order entry purposes)? Is there an ABAP or such to restore all such broken links?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben, search OSS notes for this. I think there is a note out there for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your response. I've searched OSS and had found several informative notes (900732, 774346), though none seem to deal with my problem. If you know of a note I'd much appreciate the lead... (: