cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW loading multiple structured records..

former_member212650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to know how to load multi structured records thru <b>LSMW</b>, ie. we have a customer records which have multiple sub items eg, telephone numbers..multiple identification numbers for each customer.

Q. What is the best way to load these thru lsmw.

Q. Do we need one input file or multiple files input files (prefered)? How do we link these record in different files?

Q. Do we use Batch recording or BAPI input? we want to load the <b>Business Partner</b> object (I know nothing about SAP!) What BAPI to use?

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Best way would be as close as u could get to getting close to the SAP structure ( bapi / Idoc / Batch input Program ) u intend to use. But even if the structures are disparate - No Problems - u can still do the same .. its actually pretty simple .. anyone who knows LSMW can use it .

- Preferred would be Based on what u plan to do - the business object for which u plan to use LSMW - any format is welcome .. single / multiple source file structure.

- Makes sense to use the standard SAP Programs ( Batch Input ) or Bapis / Idocs . Use recordings as a last option to upload data into sap.

Hope this satisfied ur query

former_member212650
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Could anyone tell me what BAPI to use for <b>business partner</b>? i think its part of CRM..... I'll work out what a BAPI is later! But i gather batch recording is not the go?

I don't know anything about SAP, but this seams a a very complicated way to import a file! And the doco is ?? shouldn't there just be a file import facility! Most? people using this tool have had no SAP training and BAPIs and Idocs and Batch recordings is meaning less jargon!!! Once i know the object i'm dealing with, i should be able to import flat files into it!! Can't be this hard! - or is it!?

Show me your wisdom ! sappers (is that the term?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to work out what your logical group of records is going to be. Business partner, addresses telephone numbers, e-mail, web address, etc.

Now you must decide how your input data is to be structured. Single file for all records, or multiple files, one for each record type.

If you want multiple input files then each record <u>MUST</u> have a unique key that LSMW can use to group together your logical set.

If you want to use a single input file, then either all records have the same structure and an unique key identifier for each logical group. Or you have many record types and an identifier for each one. You must have a way of indicating the start of the next logical group, (record type '1', or a change of unique identifier).

You can only sort your input files if you include an unique key in each record.

Now look to see what methods are available to load the data. BAPIs (Business APIs) these are functions that can be called from both, within SAP and from external systems. IDOCs (Intermediate DOCuments) programs that process data that is in known format (related to EDI) into SAP, most of these programs are now BAPIs. BI and DI (Batch and Direct Input) Older SAP programs that apply all the edits and sequence of the screens that the user uses. BI allows you to process the updates at a later time. BDC (Batch Data Communication) a process where by a program trys to imatate a user inputting the data, to be used as a last resort.

Do not expect to be able to get all of your logical group loaded with a single method.

Look at BAPIs whose names start BAPI_BUPA, transactions BAPI, SE37.

MattG.

former_member212650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi thanks,

I found the BAPI explorer and found BusninessPartnerERM Bapi which is what we want - i think, but they don't appear in the list of BAPIs in LSMW. The list of BAPIs in LSMW is very limited, is there a way to get this BusinessPartnerERM into LSMW?

Or do you have to 'run' it outside lsmw and how?

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use one file containing two structures(header,items).

How to indicate the start of the next logical group ?

When i import data,i got a error.

"Identification specifications missing for source structure 'MVTX1'."

source sturcture MVTX1: Material sales text header

code C (018)

MVTX2: Material sales text line

desc C (050)

source file( mysource.txt)

-

code desc

material_01234 My material - first line

material_01234 My material - second line

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having difficulties loading a mult structure LSMW.

How and where in LSMW do you link the structures together? I have two import files, one for the header records, and 1 for the lower level structure records. I've specified the two files and assigned them to the respective level in the structure. When I run the import data, it writes only to the header structure and a record is not written for the lower level structure.

I can specify a key to link them, but then how???

Also, how do I tell LSMW it's a new lower level record, and how do I tell it it's a new unit?

FYI, its a PM data migration for task lists.

Please Help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthew, with regards to using the single file option. I am trying to create classes with characteristics. My file structure is very simple. Basically :

CLASS1 CHARACTERISTIC1

CLASS1 CHARACTERISTIC2

I have created create 2 source structures and hope to load using the above file. However when I go to read the data it says "Ensure field sequence is correct for data for multiple source structures". Any ideas? I have checked my sequence in the source structure and it is the same is in the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having the prob.............in cs01

i hv 1 header obj and 2 sub objs...

i need to upload a sequential file containing all the 3 structure....

but i dont know whats the sequence in which the upload file needs to be in....

i hv tried what the doc says but gives me an error saying....identificaion missing for source structure SRC_BICKS"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem with me too, I am using standard batch object for long texts for vendor. All my fields are in sequence with the mult structure but when i am trying to read data it gives me an i message: Ensure field sequence is correct for data for multiple source structures. Any ideas why? Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I think you can use 1 file but with the record type identifier, the field will appear in all source strictures, in the Maintain Source Fields step amend field (double click) on it and point Identifying Field Content to appropriate level, e.g. 1 for header 2 for item. Your input file will look like:

REC_TYPE….. FIELDS

1 only fields relevant for the header and blanks for line items

2 only fields relevant for the item data blanks for header fields

2 …

2 …

1 Next record header

2 next record item 1

2 next record item 2

Hope this helps,

Al

Answers (0)