Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR modeling and Aris

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our origination we are using Aris for the modelling of business processes. From what I am lead to believe is that Aris integrates with SAP Solution Manager and Solution manager integrates with the SLD. So landscape, software products and software component information can thus be pulled into Aris for use in models. This will greatly assist in the business process modelling in Aris, I would imagine.

Now once the business process is modelled in Aris, is there a way of importing it, as say a Procomp Model in the ESR?

Would you want to?

Or would you just continue to model in Aris and then pull in the interface logic into the models on the Aris side?

What is then the use of the modelling tool in the ESR?

Would you recommend that one should remodel the Aris Business Process Models in to the Modeling tool in ESR?

As you can see I am looking for some guidance in this regard.

Many Thanks

Willie Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer this gives me a much beter understanding of what the Modeling in PI is used for.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The use of Modeling in ESR point of view

is In a service-oriented architecture of business applications, you ideally initially model your application prior to implementation. This means that you can answer fundamental questions such as what components the application comprises of, which services the individual components offer, and how the various different components interact with each other before you begin implementation. A governance process ensures that by using models, all services are always identified and defined in the same way, thus avoiding redundancies.

The models are not system-landscape-specific. Later on, they provide useful information when implementing services, as well as during any configuration that may be required. Furthermore, the models document different aspects of a business process, increase understanding of applications across departments and businesses thereby reducing costs when applications need to be changed or enhanced in a later release.

SAP they integrated ARIS modeling tool to develop Models,but i dont think so its possible to import ARIS models in SAP NetWeaver PI.But whatever models we developing in PI is based ARIS modeling only.

SAP works with this environment to create models for applications in the SAP Business Suite. These models are shipped to customers. You can create your own models in the ES Repository.

Regards,

Raj