cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ21 Auto Alert Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have followed the SAP help portal and OSS note 176492 to setup alert monitoring in client 000. I wanted to create a single alert to send emails when the sapreorg on the CEN filesystem reaches the precentage used threshold levels. The pre-reqs done are:

- SAPconnect has been configured in client 000, tested and works successfully.

- solution landscape has been configured successfully.

- CCMS agents deployed and configured in RZ21.

I have done the following to setup alert monitoring:

RZ21 -> Configure central system -> Assign central autoreactions

create new central Auto reaction using the named as a Z name Z_CCMS_ALERT_FS_USED by using CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 as a template and setup according to note 176492.

select SAP SID, select MTE called "Filesystems" and selected my Z auto reaction and click save which now appears at the bottom. I now setup a monitor in DSWP -> solution monitoring for that landscape and system and set the threshold levels, data collected every 100 seconds and click save. After this i go into RZ20 and select

SAP CCMS Monitor Templates -> filesystems -> and select my sapreorg MTE.

to test this i take a copy of a redo log and place it in the sapreorg directory and copy it a couple of times to trigger the threshold alert. After a couple of refreshes in RZ20 the MTE alert for sapreorg changes to red, which also shows on the DSWP solution monitoring dashboard so i should recieve an email with an alaert....correct?

I checked SOST and i see no email whatsoever and i am not sure where to begin troubleshooting.

Any ideas?

Mani (I hope i have explained my setup procedure the best i can :s )

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi *,

In RZ21 check which variant is active.

Then go to RZ21 --> "Methods assigned to MTE classes".

Change the Class for the active variant, then in the auto-reaction section insert you new z-method and save.

You may have to copy the class to another variant, as you will not be able to edit a class in the 'SAP-DEFAULT' variant.

This should then work.

I hope this helps.

PS. To test go to RZ20 -->open alerts --> double click on alert --> select.

edit --> Nodes (MTE) --> Start method --> Start auto-reaction method.

Regards,

Riyaan Mahri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for all your help,

Finally got it working, SENDER in method was in lower case and i didn't start the auto reaction method, as mentioned in RZ20. emails are firing hot off SAPconnect

thanks,

Mani

former_member328919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep ,

Me also, when I go to RZ20 -->open alerts --> double click on alert --> select.

edit --> Nodes (MTE) --> Start method --> Start auto-reaction method.

I receive the mail.

But I want that the auto-reaction launch itself automatically.

Can you help me please.

Thanks in advance.

former_member328919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I permit to ask you one more time your help.

Thanks in advance.

Wals.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whehther the central system despatching is active and the job(send mail) is acitive to dispatch emails.

Also, Do check whehter the autoreaction method is assigned properly - in MTE- properties->method->Autoreaction.

Hope this helps. revert if you face issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the SAPconnect was tested and i managed to send myself an email from business workplace without any issues. The CCMS dispatcher is working fine in client 000.

According to your mesage "Also, Do check whehter the autoreaction method is assigned properly - in MTE- properties->method->Autoreaction. "

I checked this but i am not sure what this means but i checked the "Monitoring: properties and Methods" and select methods and looked at Autoreaction method and there is <NO_METHOD> mentioned.

If i double click the MTE class "FilesystemPercentageUsed" and look at the auto reaction method, there is nothing in there. I am not sure where i am checking this or should i be changing it from the SAP-DEFAULT

Any advice?

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mani,

The Central autoreaction method (z) should get reflected in the MTE.<NO_MEHTOD> means the autoreaction method is not assigned. Only if it gets reflected(z autoreaction) in the methods tab, the autoreaction may function properly.

Please refer to the this:[SAPNote|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=939616].

Hope you have installed all the agents in satellite system (SAPCCMS4x and SAPCCMSR ).

Hope this helps.

thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Oct 26, 2009 2:03 PM