SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Setup in POS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I need to setup a new card to be used in Store. Please explain step by step process to do the same.

I have checked sap help and found out that standard cards are available in the system.

What I found out is that I need to set up the new card in POS.INI and assign the Card an ID Number in Tender Maintenance and also set up a check Digit(I am not sure if we are using this).

Is Bank Card Type and Tender ID in Configurator are same?

Thanks,

Rahim

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you have to create Pricing procedure (use condition techniques) for POS aggregate Tender pricing and difine conditon type as all payment methods

Ex: ZA01- Cash, ZA02 - debit card, ZA03 - Credit card,,,,,,,,diners, gift card, master card and so on

Assign this procedure in POS inbound profile - field - calulation schema.

regards

Satish

0 Kudos

Rahim,

if you want to use a new card in SAP POS you need to set up an own tender ID in the configurator frist. This would be enough to use the tender in the tender menue on the POS terminal.

However if you want to trigger an online validation of the new card it would be necessary to use one of the existing credit services or you would need to implement a new APM in Transnet or a customer specific implementation of the CC API in POS.

Dependent on the selected approach you would also have to set up the parameter for the tender ID under 'Data-Capture-Bank' in the configurator or Parameters in POS INI.

Regards Carsten