cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Hi have defined a RFC Sender scenario. I think all in Design and Configuration time is OK.

But I can't define the TCP-IP destination in SM59...What's about Program ID in definition of destination? How I register the Program ID?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

just follow my weblog and you will have all the steps:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Your blog result very helpful, thanks.

Just another question. Once I've defined all, how I start the proccess?I have to do a Call Function in R/3 server, but with mode?

call function XXX

destination 'XI'

in background task ???

Thanks and Regards.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Isabelle,

call function XXX

destination 'XI'

in background task

that's exactly how you should call it

but...

<b>remember about the COMMIT WORK.

only this sends the data to the XI</b>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your patience...

I have donne a program in R/3 calling the function as mentioned before. The commit work must go after de call function, isn't it?

Another silly question: the rfc must exits in XI server?

I have donne a test scenario just to check de RFC Sender, I take the XML and write a file in XI server...I execute the program in R/3 and it seems everything allright, but nothing happens in XI server...No XML traffic in SXMB_MONI, no file written...

Thanks and Regards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>The commit work must go after de call function, isn't it?

yes

>>>>Another silly question: the rfc must exits in XI server?

only in the repository - you import it into the repository

>>>>No XML traffic in SXMB_MONI, no file written...

check TCODE - SM58 on the r/3 if there are any errors over there

BTW

is the RFC connection to XI working in SM59?

Regards,

michal

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the connection is OK in SM59.

I've tested the call in SM58 and found the following message:

<i>User RFCXI has no RFC authorization for function group ERFC</i>

Thanks Michal!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

so now you know that to do:)

let me know if it works

Regards,

michal

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Finally I solved all the problems with permissions and others...

But I'm still having some problem. I think every must be all rigth but the test doesn't run.

I have created an RFC in R/3 system. Do I have to copy the RFC in XI server?

In XI, I have Imported the RFC in the Repository, created an Interface Async Out with the RFC. All I want is just to take the xml and send to a directory via File Adapter...and doesn't runs!!

Any idea to continue?

Thanks and regards.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Do I have to copy the RFC in XI server?

no you don't have to - trust me:)

>>>>created an Interface Async Out with the RFC

no need for interface message (unless you're using a BPM)

you the RFC itself <b>in the repository and in directory</b>

Regards,

michal

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I don't copy the Function in XI server I found in sm58 "Function module "ZXXX" not found.", so I think I must define the function in XI server too...

I must be doing something I don't realize because I'm not looking what's wrong...:-((

Thanks.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you import the RFC into the IR...Otherwise do that. This is sufficient.. No need of copying in XI..

As already mentioned in earlier replies, you don't require any other messages interfaces for RFC to File scenario provided there is no BPM here..

Check this and execute the RFC from Application System(R/3) and check is messages are coming to XI or not..

Hope you have configured correctly in the ID.. Check the RFC adapter also..

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for helping me.

I'm still haven't found the problem...

I need the RFC in XI system, otherwise, I find in SM58 <i>Funtion Module ZXXX not found</i>

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna and Michal!

Finally I've solved the problem, thank you very much for your help, I was very useful!!

Regards.

Answers (0)