cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Processedor Errored Files on FTP folder-Receiver File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A quick question, we have a scenario where we are picking a file from FTP folder and we need to archive it on the

1) Processed file on the same FTP server different folder

2) errored file on different FTP folder.

How could we achieve this using the FILE Adapter?

As what i could see the file adapter does not gives you the option to select the FTP site for this...

Help is appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In file adapter, on Processing tab, there is an option 'Archive Files on FTP Server', if your processing mode is 'Archive'.

You have to check that option, and mention your archive directory on FTP server.

Regards,

Supriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Supriya,

Thanks, but this does not apply to Faulty files, i don't see this option for error processing. This option is there only for archiveing not for moving the faulty files on to different directory on FTP site.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one more option on the processing tab, 'Archive Faulty Source Files'

Check that option and mention your archive directory for error files.

Check the below link for reference:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks, what i meant was, could we specify a different FTP folder for archiving the error files? ( part 2 of original post )

Also, could we just specify the path for faulty files not for processed files, i could see that these are not mandatory fields so i suspect we could( i could test this in my CC but just being lazy )

Regards

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, select Archive Faulty Source Files.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

More information: Adding MessageTransformBean in the Module Processor

u25CB       Specify Error Archive Directory.

u25CB       To add a time stamp to the archived file, select Add Time Stamp.

ref: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/44/655453b48a4ddfe10000000a1553f7/content.htm