cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Consume external webservice..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds,

I am first time trying my hands on webservices in webdynpro java.

I am trying to use http://www.flash-db.com/services/ws/companyInfo.wsdl webservice. When i test this URL in WS Navigator

It gives me following error :-

Cannot download WSDL from http://www.flash-db.com/services/ws/companyInfo.wsdl: It is not allowed to access this service. If you believe you should be able to, please contact your system administrator

I have also tried by downloading in local system and then importing this WSDL file. I got this webservices into Destination property of visual administrator,. I dont whthter this is rite step or not. I think it should come in WSNavigator also know..??

I have used RFC in java webdynpro. But i dont have much knowledge on webservices.

I have certain set of question on web services, it would be very helpful if some one could guide me on this ?

1. Do we need to do some configuration on portal to access the external webservices?

2. Any configuration to be done in VA..??

3. How to deploy or use the external webservice in SAP portal?

4. I had read about HTTP proxy configuration, when and why these configuation is required..??

i also tried the webdynpro tutorial for webservices, but still getting the same error.

Also if some one could good give some steps by steps methos for this.

Regards,

Jigar Oza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you use the webservice in web dynpro, you have to remember that the WDJ app, that runs on the the server, will call the webservice. so your server needs access to the webservice (www) and not the client.

best regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have open that wsdl in explorer and then saved it as WSDL file. After that in web DynPro I have selected the Adaptive Web Service Model Type Selected Remote Location /File System As Available WSDL Source. Browsed that Saved WSDL and I was able to import the model. Now when using in application its asking for ticker password and user name. I don't have Idea about these inputs. Hope My Approch will help a bit.

Regards

Jeetendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have open that wsdl in explorer and then saved it as WSDL file. After that in web DynPro I have selected the Adaptive Web Service Model Type Selected Remote Location /File System As Available WSDL Source. Browsed that Saved WSDL and I was able to import the model. Now when using in application its asking for ticker password and user name. I don't have Idea about these inputs. Hope My Approach will help a bit.

Regards

Jeetendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeetendra,

Were you able to use above WSDL ..

Becasuse i have also done the same thing like.. i downloaded the WSDL file and imported into Webdynpo.

But after deploying i am getting error.

I htink some EP server setting is missing.

Port is also open for accesing internet from EP server.

Could let me know whther some other changes you did in code or from server.??

Regards,

Jigar Oza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

*proxy configuration for web services has been moved to the Visual Administrator: *

navigate to "Server # -> Services -> Web Services Container -> Runtime -> Settings". Set the proxy information here.

Go through the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7c/f257422d095542e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

/people/prakash.darji/blog/2006/10/10/external-web-service-proxy-configuration-for-visual-composer

Thanks

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jigar,

I also tried to use the same wsdl and tried to import it and got the same error as of the above post. I think that port no 80 of the PC is currently is blocked & not allowed to access the external webservices available outside your domain. May be we have to open the port 80 to outside domain. I dont know whether it is true but I have got the same error many times when I try to access the wsdl which are present outside my domain. Just Contact your system administrator and ask about the port status and your issue.

Regards,

Ardhendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

I am trying to do the same. I am trying to consume the third party web service through WS Navigator. But when i am testing the wsdl I am getting the following error:

Cannot connect to <wsdl url>: Unable to connect to www.<host name>.net:80 - www.<host name>.net

Any idea.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

Were u able to resolve the issue?

If yes, then will you please share the solution?

Thanks.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

No man still stuck..!!!1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

Have a look at the following 2 wikis:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/ConsumingABAPWebServiceinJavaWD

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/ConsumeMIIwebservicesusingAdaptiveWebServiceModelforJavaWebDynpro

May be it helps.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

any inputs...??