cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating VC models from development to testing environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've designed a great and nice new application using Visual Composer 7.11 in my development landscape. I want now to move it to my testing environment so that my users can have access and test it.

How can I manage this without using DTR and NWDI?

Is it mandatory to have VC linked to NWDI?

I tried, like I was use to do in VC 7.0, to find VC Iviews and models in the PCD but Visual Composer is empty.

Thanks,

Edited by: Xavier Tendron on Oct 26, 2009 11:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not able to find the models in the PCD since in 7.11 VC models are not deployed to the portal.

Regarding the migration, Yes - You must have NWDI in order to move the models to your testing environment.

Thanks,

Nati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Natan,

thanks a lot for your answer.

So there is no other way to deploy my VC application to my testing environment?

I've search in my 7.11 portal PCD and found, in WebDynPro Applications group something relevent to my VC application. So i was wondering if I can perform something from it... but I'm even not able to create an IView which points to this application.

Is there a solution starting from this VC-webdynpro App?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, there might be a "Dirty" way for doing it using the VC Export/Import feature, but that will ruin you application's DC structure (in case your application is made of only one DC this is not a problem) and it would be harder to transport changes later on.

There is a way to create an IView which point to your WD application but I'm not sure it is the same application you refer to.

I have to find out how that is done and let you know

Thanks,

Nati