cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Type for Internal work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have an business process, where the individual gets paid on hourly basis worked on activity of solving tickets raised where the process is been created as a project in PS under that a activity as "IN Ticket". We are using CATS also, but in the activity under the network they havent maintained any activity type or worked hours, but still individual get paid based on the working hours on above given activity. Is there any way that the wok hours of internal activity / work can be mapped where that can be routed to CATS for project for calculation of cost on each activity.

Kindly guide me if am wrong on the above termed words or understanding of the system.

Regards

Praveen B M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

If you are not maintaining the activity type / hours for Activity under the network, you will not get the planned cost.(assuming you use network costing). But still you can book the actual hours in CAT2 with an activity type for that activity. Then you transfer the actual cost to PS using CAT5.

You need to maintain the price for that activity type in KP26. Let me know for any clarifications.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kabir,

Thanks for your appreciable reply. But i want to know if in case of no CATS is been used in the system how the cost flows to the system.

And one more question i encountered while i came across this question we maintain the other activity named as "Non Billable" under the same network worcenter and activity type when ever the employee gets absent or not worked, but how this wont carry the Activity rate as it shows as non billbale, how it is been maintained without any cost.

Thanks in advance

Praveen B M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose you dont use CATS, you can make the confirmations directly in CJ20N or using CN25 / CN27 for the activities. The cost will directly get captured to project when you make activity confirmations.You can make personnel assignment to HRMS in workcenters using CNR1. And then assign personnel to activities in CJ20N under personnel assignment TAB of the activity.

Regarding your query on Non-Billable activity, the functionalities & process will vary according to different scenarios. You need to also finalise on which are all the costs that fall under billable & non-billable expsenses. If you want to make use of time sheet data, then better to use CATS functionality.

Regards,

Kabir

Answers (0)