cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation Of Project in ESS !

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts ,

I Have a question on creation of Project from ESS track.

We are supposed to do some changes in Address application of ESS portal. I was able to create the project and do few changes. I did changes and build and deploy , followed all the steps. Changes were reflecting in portal too , but the other time i created projected it has come up erorrs in simple type and in Source code.

Some how i was able to remove errors from source code as i got a copy of Src from sever end.No i dnt see errors in application but not bale to check in the activity created fro removing errors.

Getting below exception

09:36:42.771 UPLOAD (FAILED: C:\Documents and Settings\root\.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\ess\us\addr\_comp\src\src\src\com\sap\xss\hr\per\us\address\overview\BizCardsView.wdcontroller_no.xlf (The system cannot find the path specified)) BizCardsView.wdcontroller_no.xlf (C:\Documents and Settings\root\.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\ess\us\addr\_comp\src\src\src\com\sap\xss\hr\per\us\address\overview\BizCardsView.wdcontroller_no.xlf)

09:36:42.771 CHECKIN (FAILED: Uploading file failed) Address : check in (act_w_ESS60303_sap_2e_com_SAP_ESS_dev_inactive_u_kulkvin_t_2009_10_25_07_03_16_GMT_2acb13dd-35fa-4943-bee7-f110431b1bd9)

Can any of you please help me resolving the above error.

I can see the Bizcard present in src and i dnt have 3src folders but it is pointing to different location i guess.

I have closed NWDS , Project and rebuild of the project is also done.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrushti,

If ur activation is failed, ur activity should be available in activation view. If its not there ,it should be checked in.just go to http://<server host>:<port>/devinf. check the status of ur dc in cbs.

Apart from that, u can go to development infrastructure, right click on ur file what u have modified, dtr->show in -> version graph. it will show all the activities. u can compare the latest & earlier versions. it will show whether ur checked in code is available or not??

If everything described above is fine, try the following way. I had a similar problem and resolved as follows:

Right clik on the SRC folder of the DC in Webdynpro explorer and choose DTR>Add>Sub Tree. You will see a window titled "Add Local Only Resources". Uncheck "Show Local Only Resources" option at the bottom of the window. If it shows you some files, then these files have not been added to the activity. Add these files and checkin in your activity. It should checkin fine.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more difficulties.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gopal ,

I have added subtree and I see only 1structure in Graph.

Can you please help me in understanding more about this.

TIA.

Vanita k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrushti,

The graph shows you all your activites that you created while customising the track in your DC. How many activities did you create while customising your DC?

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gopal ,

i have only one activity in graph.

Now the problem i am talking about is , checking the activity.

Check in of the fail is failed because a local resources are not found and path mentioned in error log is not available in the folder.

I am not able to revert the activity.

TIA

vanita k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrushti,

I am not sure of why it is getting failed when you upload the activities. But, I can suggest you few trail and error methods which might help you resolve your problem. Try the following

Got to navigator view and delete wd_gen folder. Now "reload" your DC and try activating it again.

I hope this helps you. Good Luck.

Regards,

Gopal.