cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Block issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus..

In Billing Document Type thers a check box for in General Control for Posting Block.

My Question is do we have to put the tick for Credit memo request.Coz in my organization some of the billing type which is std invoice has been block for posting which i need to remove.But what i can see is that thers a tick box for Credit memo billing type.

Is it standard process for credit memo. or shud i remove the tick ?

Thanks in Advance.

Shri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shri,

NO you should not remove the Posting Block Tick in Credit Memo.

Yes is a SAP Standard recomendation & the policy accepted by most of the companies to put Posting Blocks in Credit Memos.

Because Credit Memo is a direct reversal of Customer Debit is reduces Company's Account Receivables.

Thus it is always advisable that a Credit Memo should have a posting block & a seniour person (other than the person who creates the Credit Memo) should remove the block & post the Credit Memo to accounts after checking the same...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a standard process for credit memo.

We should not remove that tick mark.

If you tick this mark,then the accounting document will not be generated automatically when saving the invoice.

We have to manually release this document to accounting by using the T.Code VF02/VFX3.

Goto T.Code "VF02".Enter your invoice number.

Press (Shift+F4) or Billing document-->Release to accounting.

For bulk releasing you can use the T.Code "VFX3".

Regards,

Krishna.

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Yes generally it is blocked in case of credit memo/debit memos.

Billing is the actual creation of the credit note.For the purposes of avaoiding misuses it is generally blocked.

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shri,

The posting block is present to have some restriction.If a user has created credit memo request, the higher up or the higher authority should release the same to accouting.Hence the function is provided by SAP.In case if business requirement is such that there is no restriction in authorsation we can remove it.

Regards,

Nithin.