cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with invoicing and free of cost order

Former Member
0 Kudos

here's the scenario: i took the pricing procedure of my standard order and basically changed PROO from R to S for statistical. rest is the same. gave the new pricing procedure a name starting with Z, then created a document procedure, then created a new order type for free goods sale and assigned everything the way it should be. i still need the taxes because customer will be billed for taxes, just not the base price. everything works fine till i get to billing and try releasing that to accounting, i get this error: Tax code O1 does not appear in any G/L account item. the FICO teams tells me it's because i put PROO as statistical and the system doesn't know where to get the tax from for the invoice. my pricing procedure is as follows:

10 0 PR00 Bag Price X 2 ERL

20 0 ZSED Special Excise Duty 10 10 X 10 ZSD

30 0 ZMWS Sales Tax 10 10 X 10 MWS

40 0 Net Value 20 30 X

45 0 BO02 Material Rebate 40 X ERB ERU

50 0 Discount 45

60 0 ZPFR Freight X

980 0 WGST WHT GST 1% 10 164

985 0 WCOD WHT 3.5% 65 164

990 0 A

_ __ ____ ______________________________ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

any suggestions on what to do and what might be wrong? thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understood properly,

You want to collect Only Tax from the customer, There will be no price collected from the Customer.

You can try the below procedure :

10 -PR00 - 100

50 -MWST - 10 ( assume : 10%, 10% on 100=100)

100-ZFRE - 100 % on Step-10

where ZFRE: New discount condition type with "-ve" value & condition record maintained as "100% discount" .

try out this & revert. if problem still exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i do 100% discount won't it take the tax down to zero too? i'll create a new pricing procedure. basically, what i did initially was took my local order pricing procedure as it was and changed pr00 from required to manual, that's why it shows rebate and discount on there. the reason i put pr00 as statistical is because the customer is to be charged for the taxes only, not the whole price. if i inserted the discount condition type to the procedure, won't it bring the tax down to zero too? let me know what else i should try.

thanks!

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your pricing procedure as said above.

Price/Discount- (it should not be statistical & maintain account key , VKOA settings as well),

Discount is -ve Condition type.

& this discount condition type,should be after Tax conditoin.

Just I want you to check the accounting entries generated after invoice creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, so could you help me with the new pricing procedure? what condition type should i pick for discount? and where would i mention the 100% discount and a -ve value?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create new Discount Condition type by copying from K007.

Maintain the Condition record VK11, for the respective customer ( if this FOC order is wrt : Customer)

Design Pricing Procedure , as said above in my last reply.

Maintain the account determination in VKOA ( Make sure to hit Price / DIscount to the same G/L account- or you can maintain diff G/L accounts to track all these FOC sales by creating new account keys)

Try n revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay i created a new condition type, zf00, based on k007. what next? insert it into the pricing procedure? where would i enter the 100% discount at? mind the ignorance, learning the ropes as i go along.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said in my above post, that

Maintain Conditionrecord in VK11- for the respective customer -as 100%.

Maintain VKOA entries.

Maintain all config settings / test the cycle,

then let us know, if still problem exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't want to maintain it for customer, as it it is not customer dependent but more order dependent. if it is a free order, then i want the discount to be 100%.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its depends on ORder type,

Create condition table (Tcode:V/03)- with Sales documen type as a field. assign this table in an access sequence of Condtype:ZF00.

Maintian condition record for these Cond type: in VK11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay i'll try the condition table method in a minute. for now, i created a new condition type based on k007, assigned it to the new pricing procedure i have in place, went to vk11 and to the new condition type and assigned it to the customer with 100% and it shows up perfectly at the order level. pr00 shows and then 100% discount. however, when i goto create bill and generate the accounting document it doesn't show me the discount? i click on item details on bill and goto the conditions tab and there's no discount on there, just tax and pr00. what am i missing here?? thank you!

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VF03- Billing no- Item conditions - Analysis-

select "New cond type" check the analysis in right side of the screen.

it will show you the reason, why discount condition is not appearing?

Make sure, your discount condition type should be after Tax condition type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, so i looked at the analysis and it's calling up the wrong pricing procedure at billing? at the order level it's pulling in the pricing procedure i created for the free goods but on billing it's pulling the regular procedure, which is why it's showing the price with no discount. i looked at the document procedure assigned to billing and it's the regular procedure, which is where i think it's coming from. can i assign the new document procedure to the billing document and also keep the regular document procedure? what should i do? suggestions?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you have created new sales doc type for FOC sales & new DPP(Document Pricing Procedure) also, same way , you have to create new billing type as well with the same DPP in it.

Test & revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, so this is what i've done now, i created a new billing type, maintained it for all the copy-control functions, assigned the new document pricing procedure to it. went in and canceled the bill and generated a new bill from the delivery document, but it still picks the old billing type and hence the old pricing procedure, the one with no discount. thoughts?

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Test with new cycle starting from SO. ( make sure in SO document type details- New Billing type should be assigned )

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as your requirement is concerned , everything is correct , but just check in VK12 wheather the tax code O1 has been assigned to the tax condition types. or not. Also check the G/L accounts assigned to the tax condition types. are properly maintained or not. So kindly ask your FICO consultants to check the following data

Revert back with the updated data , wheather everything is going correctly or still facing problems

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

this may sound like a dumb question but when i go into vk12, i'm looking for condition zsed or pr00?? and then what exactly should i be looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Srinath is asking is see the condition type ZMWS.But please explain what for this pricing procedure for? You have given the ttile as free goods and there is rebate, discount condition, etc. Please explain the business process.Even if you are changing the condition as statistical, explain why do you want to do it? Then what should be accounting entries if the basic price is statistical.(what price should be debited to customer account) and why there is rebate if the basic price is madfe statistical?

Regards,

Nithin

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to VK12 and check the tax code assigned to the tax conditon types (zsed and other tax condition types maintained in your pricing procedure)

But i am not able to understand why you went with that procedure for free goods. ?

NOTE : Dont use low level language or low level words like " dumb question " in the forums

Regards

Srinath