cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to reset the SAP* PAssword in configtool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I installed NW 2004s(standalone Java stack) and running one Webbased application, but the Administrator password has been locked, for that i am trying to activate emergency user which is SAP* in config tool , but while chaning its password it is showing one message which is "The value is different from the previous". i am putting the same master password which i have given during installation.

without activating SAP* i can not login into the portal and can not change or unlock the password of administrator.

Please help me to reset the value of SAP* password or if there is any other method through which i can change the password of Administrator.

Thanks

Kamal Taneja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

"The value is different from the previous". i am putting the same master password which i have given during installation.

not neccesary to give same password to SAP* , which you have given during installtion.

Try with any other password.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried with other value also , but still getting the same message.

Thanks

Kamal Taneja

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Please check below link and verify that you have changed mentioned properties in configtool:

http://sapnetweavernotes.blogspot.com/2009/06/activating-emergency-user-in-sap.html

Also, check this link:

Thanks

sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Oct 26, 2009 9:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunny,

As you suggest i was following the same , but as you said we need to change the password property also , the same thing i am doing , but while putting the same password which i had given during installtion , it is not aacepting and giving me one message "The given value id same as previous"..

after takeing cluster restart the SAP* is not working.. just becouse of password , . this is giving me me same error. Authentication probplem .

Plz suggest.

Thanks

kamal Taneja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click the ume.*.password property, click on the set button, underneath you will be able to set the password, again click on set button it will asks you for the repeat the password again. Then only yoursuper admin password will be activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Thanks , i hope it should work i have done the same and restart the cluster , let me check then i will get back to you .

Thanks

Kamal Taneja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh/All

After changing the custom value of SAP8 to TRUE and UME password property , when i took restart the cluster aftre that all the nodes of SAP MMC console got deleted. i tried all the possible opetion but not able to find nodes and start SAP service .

i tried to execute the sapstartsrv.exe also and putting system details but still getting the very common error. then i tried to put system details in mmc property also . but still not able to find the solution .

Now the problem is little bit more complicated.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Kamal Taneja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

The following SAP note explains how to unlock J2EE admin user: 669848

Cheers

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- Regrading cluset startup issue could you check that in service SAP<SID> services are disable or enable ? Could you please update the error here which you are gettiing beacause without log its not possible to suggest .

2- SAP* never take any password for during installation beacause it would be disable on that time. Via confgtool you have to enable the superadmin user and have to set the password.

confitool->clusterdat>services---->com.sap.security.core.ume.service -

>

ume super admin enable=true

ume super admin password= <password>

Once you will restart the cluset it ill affect . Then u may unlock the the administartor password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for help . now i am able to rest the Sap* Password ...

Thanks , my query has been answered...

Thanks

Kamal Taneja